“Great for kids”

Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Gorey
“Great for kids”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed here midweek with our two young children one aged 2 and the other 8 months the hotel is great for kids loads to do to fill the day, the pool is very good and child friendly and the outside play area is also very good our eldest cried every time we went back to the room in fear of missing something. The food was also good in the bar and a great selection for breakfast.

We had a couple of problems we got a fridge put in the room for the kids milk and juice but it did not work it just blew out hot air and the only other problem was the price in the bar 2.90 for a soft drink in a child friendly hotel and 5.10 for a pint of lager but the worst of all was 6.30 for an alchopop which the wife is fond of i know its a hotel and they charge more but its in Gorey not Dublin city center all in all we can get over that and would return because the kids enjoyed it so much.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jonnyt1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
ireland
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights recently with wife 3 kids two sets grandparents. First the good; very child friendly close yo shopping centre and dominos lol. Staff used to kids so no need to feel embarrassed about one of them throwing a wobbler. Great play area inside and out to keep them entertained.food in restaurant excellent, breakfast standard buffet, bar food very good. Bad points. Play area need a lick of paint and a good tidy. Overall great for families big rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ramsesniblick
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We arrived in Gorey for my wife's brothers wedding and proceeded to the Amber springs to meet up with family for a drink and some dinner, I had the burger which really hit the spot and my wife had the sea-bass cooked perfectly, seemed like a very busy place always a good sign when dinning out. We were not staying in the hotel but by all accounts from family and friends the rooms could not be faulted. The wedding was the next day, nice big airy function room unlike some weddings I have attended which can be stuffy and uncomfortably warm. The food was very good, chicken parcel, beef etc all to a restaurant standard, staff were all friendly and efficient, pity about the band but I suppose that's not the hotels issue ;-). All in all a good hotel with a well deserved wedding reputation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I attended this hotel for a wedding a few weeks ago and enjoyed all aspects of the day,the food was great on the day and the next day the bar food couldn't have been nicer all staff were friendly and helpful my compliments to the chefs as they were very busy and still managed to cook to perfection.

Stayed June 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed in the Amber Springs in March while attending a wedding. This hotel is a very conveniently located off the N11 and easy to find. It is also only a short walk (10 minutes) into the town Centre so don’t be afraid to park up and stroll if you feel up to it. When I arrived at the hotel reception I found the stay to be very friendly and welcoming. I also found the eager to help when I needed directions etc. prior to checking out so overall they did a good job being the face of the hotel.
As I was at a wedding I didn’t spend a huge about of time in the room however I found it to be clean, comfortable and perfect for our needs. But the main reason for my review is the facilities they have to offer. Its clear to me that the Amber springs are trying hard to be a family friendly hotel. They have numerous facilities to tire out any child and enough to keep them busy leaving the parents to enjoy some quiet time. At the rear of the hotel there is a large playground area, a small football pitch, a go cart track, a small petting farm and a crazy gold course. Even though it was March everything was available. There was also a kids disco on one of the nights as well as day time entertainment. For the adults there’s a nice Spa, while I didn’t use it I did tour it and it looks very nice indeed.
In my opinion this hotel is a family friendly hotel who does its job well. I would have no problem recommending it to anyone who is taking their kids away for a short break.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Seanie_pc
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding an can not commend the staff or chefs enough for their hard work food was fantastic an staff were very friendly. Will definitely be back and will recommend to every person I know who is planning on getting married

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ger-corkish-doyle
Belfast
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here from 20th-26 May as I was a Judge for the World Championships of Sheep Shearing and Woolhandling
Well done to the Amber Springs Consortium for being a Main Sponsor,it must have been quite a challenge (27 countries taking part different languages and accents for staff). My wife and daughter and I stayed on the second floor in a spacious three bed room, tea/coffee and cookies / hair drier / fridge available,bathroom we'll equipped a good sized bath the shower was useless it only worked for two days out of seven. Breakfast was outstanding,we had a few meals at the bar I would not order the burger and chips again (hard as h~~~) steaks were scrumptous!
Late night service from the kitchen was good we would highly recommend the Margareta pizza . This is a lovely hotel it has a lovely sweeping Staircase ,staff friendly and helpful cleaners did a cracking job considering the number of guests
We would recommend this hotel and look forward to returning for a proper holiday

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Robert H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gorey
Ashdown Park Hotel Conference and Leisure Centre
Ferrycarrig Hotel
Ferrycarrig Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ferrycarrig
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,710 reviews

Been to Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa? Share your experiences!