Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa
$72
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
1,253 results
All reviewsgo kartscrazy golfpet farmkids clubsanta trainmini golftrain rideindoor play areapetting zooswimming poolfamily breakchild friendly hotelsanta experiencegreat for kidsgreat family hotelmini farmplay zone
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at Amber Springs last week, we had a lovely visit, the hotel is nice and rooms large and comfortable. This is a fantastic hotel for kids, the playground and pool are brilliant. Paul, the playground manager, was so great with the kids, a real gentleman, he made the experience so enjoyable for all. Our three year old hasn't stopped asking 'when are we going back to the hotel?' We'll be back again soon!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for one night in January. The hotel itself is presented very well, and the staff are polite, but have to say that they were a bit slow at reception and in the bar, even though it was not that busy. There were times when we were kept waiting for drinks with no one at the bar and by the time someone came to serve there was quite a few people had gathered waiting for drinks too.
The rooms were very spacious but slightly too warm, it was quite hard to sleep properly because of the heat in the rooms. The food in the restaurant was lovely. There is so much to do for kids indoors and outdoors it's very family friendly. Overall it was an average stay which i did enjoy, but it would have been better if the service had have been better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went here for Lunch on February 7th and as we entered the reception area we were immediatley greeted by a lovely young lady called Becky, which was lovely and welcoming (not seen very often these days). On entering the bar we were immediately seated and offered a choice of the daily specials. The food we received was only delicious,(well done chef) and the waitress who served us was a very friendly and helpful young lady called Shannon. We saw her interacting with some young children in the bar and she is great with them. We had a lovely time in the Amber Springs and we will definelty be back for a meal soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed in the Amber Spring Hotel for the first time 65.00 B+B. A gem of a hotel spacious/very mod decor. The rooms are fantastic again spacious all the mod cons and FREE WI HI. I was to busy to make use of the leisure centre but it is first class. Took my meal in the bar. The food was excellant but the service was slow.Was waiting 30 mins to be asked was I eating and another 30 mins after my main meal to be asked if I would like anything else. with the mid term break and lot of families in and if you do have kids it is very kids friendly. as I enjoyed the meal so much I can let that go as a one off. Great hotel great breakfast to start the day.And the staff are very friendly.I will come again and would gladly bring my wife along who would really like the hotel and all it offers. enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed in this hotel Saturday night the 9th Feb with my husband and friends. Check in was not until 4pm which i found disappointing. When your going away for the night its nice to be able to book in early and make the most of the hotel. Nice lobby area with lovely little coffee area. Coffee and muffins were fab. My husband got a toasted samwhich which cost 10.50 which we thought was a little pricey for a sandwich. Checked into our room at 4pm. Nice spacious room but just standard for a four star hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bar area was nice. Dinner that evening in the restaurant was nice but small portions. We had to ask for potatoes which we received half way through eating. I asked 3 times for gravy which we never received. Drink in the restaurant was cheaper than at the bar which the response from the bar man was well thats upstairs your downstairs now. I found this absolutely stupid as its the same building and hotel. Not much going on in the hotel on a Saturday night so we left and went into Gorey which was a little disappointing as we werer all looking forward to just staying in the hotel. When we came back to the hotel room service was made by phone at the check in desk and you could only have it in your room. We ordered a pizza which was delivered about 35 mins later at a charge of €18.00. This was a joke and the pizza was rotten. Breakfast next morning was lovely and great variety of foods for everyone. But yet again no milk or butter on the table had to ask again for these. I think as a four star hotel they need to buck up the standard as I have stayed in nicer 3 and 4 star hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple