“Seriously tasty food”

The Kitchen Gorey
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Gorey
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The 'Kitchen, Gorey' is an award winning restaurant which is based around a modern industrial style dining environment. With a focus on sourcing the highest quality local produce and using fresh natural and free range wherever possible. The heart of the modern European menu are angus burgers, glorified wood fired pizzas and gourmet pies complimented by a careful selection of wines and boutique beers. 'The Kitchen' offers delicious evening meals with seasonal changes and daily specials, the very popular Sunday Roast and also caters for those who want to drop by for a casual lite lunch or coffee.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I had a late lunch here the day after our wedding and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a beef pie and he had battered fish and chips. The food was great and I loved the restaurant's rustic interior.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had A lovely meal here recently. In particular my starter, I had mackerel spring rolls with sandfire and preserved lemon. It all worked really well. It was also a very warm and comfortable, with loads of space to chat.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I ate there lots of times and its definitive one of the best resturants in Gorey! It might apear a bit pricy but thats totaly worth it! The service, food and atmosphere a great and i had a realy nice time everytime i went. If you are out for a date its just the pace to go in Gorey ;)

Richard

PS: If i/we happen to come back to Gorey it would be one of the first places to go!
PSS: I lived around Gorey around a year so i had the chance to check on the food over a longer period of time. =)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Class restaurant. The house burger gets me in at least once a week....without doubt the best ive ever had anywhere. Their own house made ketchup is delicious. On the very odd occasion I've managed to resist ordering the burger and tried something else I've been just as impressed. Starters are always tops too. The atmosphere is warm and cosy, brought about by the wood fired oven and pleasant staff. Usually too stuffed for desert but when I do im never disappointed. 10/10

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Myself and boyfriend ate here last Friday night. The nicest Bruschetta I have ever eaten, fresh ingredients and yummy buffalo mozzarella. Lovely main course of fish and chips. Crispy Chips and the batter on the fish was perfect as well. Then the nicest part of the meal was the dessert. Shame I couldn't finish it all. Service was lovely,most staff all relaxed and cracked a few jokes as well. Would definitely return.