“Great new eating experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Kitchen Gorey

The Kitchen Gorey
Ranked #6 of 63 Restaurants in Gorey
Cuisines: Irish, Pizza, European
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The 'Kitchen, Gorey' is an award winning restaurant which is based around a modern industrial style dining environment. With a focus on sourcing the highest quality local produce and using fresh natural and free range wherever possible. The heart of the modern European menu are angus burgers, glorified wood fired pizzas and gourmet pies complimented by a careful selection of wines and boutique beers. 'The Kitchen' offers delicious evening meals with seasonal changes and daily specials, the very popular Sunday Roast and also caters for those who want to drop by for a casual lite lunch or coffee.
Gorey, Ireland
“Great new eating experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

7 of us went to The Kitchen for lunch and it was very enjoyable. The special lunch menu was fantastic value and the food was delicious. We had salmon, chicken and Thai curry and some desserts. Both the coffee and teas were very good quality, Suma, I think. I took my grandson there for early dinner one evening last week. I had the confit of duck, very delicious, he had the home-made burger which he told me was one of the bes burgers he has ever had! We will definitely return for more of the same.

• Visited October 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have stopped in this restaurant twice on my way back to Dublin; first time in the restaurant had Sunday lunch and have to say it was to die for, fabulous baked ham with cider sauce and giant Yorkshire pudding it was so good. Second time I purposely didn't have breakfast and drove off the motorway to stop again for Sunday lunch again I was not disappointed, the staff were great and the owner actually remembered me from my first visit. Needless to say I will make it part of the trip when travelling back from Wexford to stop in The Kitchen and refuel with a really fabulous lunch. I might add the knickerbocker Glory is something else, real fruit and a bit of sparkle too.

• Visited October 2012
Wexford, Ireland
“shocking!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We ate here as a family and we were disappointed from the word go. The waitress was not friendly and not attentive. The menu was small, over priced and odd. Yes, odd. The Early Bird menu made no sense and seemed to offer dishes that didnt go well together.
When we did get our food it was bland. There is very little else to say... it was just tasteless.
Pizza was flavourless and have had better from the freezers in Lidl. The crab pasta was undercooked, vegetables were raw and there was practically no sauce. The chicken was totally bland, the sauce (hollandaise) was cracked and runny.
Considering the price we paid we were expecting alot more. Have not and will not be back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank teeandcakes
County Down
“Kool Kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed two great meals at The Kitchen, the second just last night. Lovely atmosphere and efficient attentive staff. Lots of individual quirky touches adds to the experience such as the Storm in a Teacup dessert - FAB. Spoilt for choice on the menu in every course. The food is well presented at the right pace, it's delicious and fairly priced. Would highly recommend.

1 Thank thekins101
Gorey, Wexford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blown away by food quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Had a totally AMAZING meal in The Kitchen Gorey this afternoon. My husband and my two kids (under 4) had a fab meal, was very very impressed by the quality of food, my souffle was to die for and the roast lamb shed the last bit of hangover and the yorkshire pud was huge. I had brought a baby dinner for my 2 year old but she hoovered down her lasagne,

I am so frequently dissapointed when I eat out but not today, I would highly recommend and we'll deffo be back

• Visited August 2012