Clonacody House
$84
Anner Hotel(Thurles)
$118
$114
All reviewsfour poster bedbusiness tripbreakfast was delicioushelenireland
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Set in beautiful countryside between Fethard and Clonmel, Clonacody House is an unique and very special place to stay. Dating from the 1780s, it is an impressive country house that uniquely combines unfussy grandeur with a relaxed homely atmosphere. On arrival I noticed that other guests seemed so relaxed and at ease - I soon joined their ranks! Helen and Michael run a magnificent 'home from home'. The bedrooms are magnificent and the public areas are similarly full of charm and warmth. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels - many of them 5 star and excellent - but Clonacody is very, very special!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank emmanuel l
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We Had a family reunion at Clonacody House. Cannot say enough about this fantastic House. All our family were treated like old friends by Helen & Michael, they couldnt do enough for us. The rooms are set in the circa 40's era, makes you feel like you are Lady of the manor! The ideal place to go to get away from all the hustle and bustle of city life. The grounds are well maintained and perfect for a "ramble". Breakfast is served in the original family Dining room, and cooked to order with lovely homemade sausages and organic eggs, yum! Well done Helen & Michael we look forward to our return trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carrisma
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Where else could you stay in a stunning mansion built in 1740' with true opulence and luxury, in which the owners make you feel like part of the family. Helen, michel and family, not forgeting rusty the smillie dog make you so welcome its hard to leave,both jules and I will be returning again on our next trip back and will be recommending Clonacoy House to all our friends and relatives.
Peter Dixon
Perth
Western Australia

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter D
Reviewed May 12, 2012

the house is a proper old irish country house with lots of the original features. I stayed in a lovely room with stripped wood floors a four poster bed the decor was very modern, my bathroom was heavenly and my bath was freestanding in the middle of the room and huge almost the best bath I have ever had. My room overlooked the gardens which were lovely. Helen the owner was lovely and very accomodating when after a rather heavy night did not mind me not coming down for breakfast until 10.30. The dining room was epic painted the same colour her mother had painted it 40 years ago but was timeless, again great decor. Breakfast freshly cooked and delicious. All in all I could not fault my stay for venue, service and the fact you really felt like it was a treat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank pennyleics
Reviewed November 21, 2011

What a beautiful house. I had a lovely weekend in Clonacody House. It is so welcoming and warm. Helen was so lovely and welcoming and provided lovely food all weekend long. I'll definately be back sometime soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful with lovely views
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends