When we arrived we parked our car in the carpark reserved exclusively for the patrons of the hotel, checking in was very quick and efficient, the receptionist was very friendly and professional. When we arrived at our room I was surprised at how easy it was to use the card key in the door lock, I have had problems with this in other hotels. The room had a hospitality tray, a flat screen tv, my wife's all important hair dryer and had a table at the window with two seats, where we were able to have our drinks as the sun set. The room was a good size and warm, the ensuite had all the usual toiletries that you would expect and the shower was probably our best ever. We ate in the bar/restaurant on both of our evenings, the food was very tasty with a reasonable sellection considering that it was still out of season, and very reasonably priced. From here there were also great views, a tip would be to reserve a seat by the window. The staff, witout exception were very very friendly, helpful and efficient. The breakfasts were amazing, all tastes and appetites were catered for, and as the wall overlooking the sea beach and mountains was a wall of glass everyone had a view. Our room was overlooking the harbour, and on past that, the beach with the mountains in the back, an absolutely astounding view. The long beach had golden sand and was a five minute walk along the promenade from the hotel, It was also nice to walk around the harbour. If you walk from the hotel along the road in the opposite direction from the beach there are fantastic views of the cliffs and sea, with seating / picnic areas with palms growing.
This was our first time in Mullaghmore and we were so impressed with the area and this hotel, we are looking forward to returning again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 3 star hotel (all rooms en-suite with flat screen TVs) Leisure Centre, Beauty Salon, Hair Dressing, 2 bars, Restaurant and Function Room. We cater for: singles, couples, families, groups, corporate, wedding, tours and more. Live music every Saturday night in our Quay Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier Head Hotel, Spa And Leisure Centre
- Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre Hotel Mullaghmore