We have just returned from a weekend break at the Pier Head Hotel. The location of the hotel is amazing right on the sea with beautiful views over the harbour and surrounding area. The restaurant where breakfast is served has lovely views out over the bay but unfortunately was closed on both nights of our stay. As a result we had no choice but to eat in the bar, where the food was excellent bar food, but being away for the weekend, for a special treat, it would have been nice to have dinner in a nicer setting. Be prepared that there is nothing else opened in Mullaghmore during the winter season other than this hotel not even the newsagents. We were especially lucky to have the opportunity to hear Johnny Gallagher play in the bar on the Saturday night who is a very talented musician/singer. The hotel decor itself is a bit tired and in particular the light coloured carpets were dirty looking and could do with an upgrade, however all in all we did have an enjoyable stay in this hotel and found all the staff very pleasant and welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 3 star hotel (all rooms en-suite with flat screen TVs) Leisure Centre, Beauty Salon, Hair Dressing, 2 bars, Restaurant and Function Room. We cater for: singles, couples, families, groups, corporate, wedding, tours and more. Live music every Saturday night in our Quay Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier Head Hotel, Spa And Leisure Centre
- Pier Head Hotel, Spa & Leisure Centre Hotel Mullaghmore