“Great people geat B&B”
Review of Rowanville Lodge

Rowanville Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Grange B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Myself and wife took our long overdue honeymoon and first went to a B&B that was very bad...with the help of the tourist board we found Rowanville lodge at the last minute. Patricia, the hostess/owner, was so very helpful putting us up and finding us other great B&B's! The grounds were beautiful as well as the surrounding countryside. She did have dogs which stayed in the back of the house and only interacted with you if you wanted to. We love dogs so playing with puppies was an added treat! The rooms were clean and the breakfast was superb! All of the family memebers were pleasant and helpful. Her son actually helped us figure out how to get the car started when we were having trouble. I can't say enough good things about our stay at Rowanville Lodge. We will definately recommend this B&B to friends and family and hope to stay there agin. Great work everyone! Martin from the USA

1  Thank Meala1718
There are newer reviews for Rowanville Lodge

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Rowanville Lodgeis conveneiently located and easy to find. Patrica made us feel right at home and ensured that all of our needs were met.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed for one week at Rowanville lodge and we only could say it was a very pleasant stay for us.
We have decided this place as we went to Ireland for horse riding on the beach nearby and Rowanville lodge was close to it. Already at the booking we have recognized the very friendly and helpful athmosphere. Patricia was always helpful with information and offers from the beginning her assistance.
Our rooms have been very spacious and clean, the bathroom was nice. The rooms is also equipped with tea and coffe making facilities. For our own beverages Patricia organized us a small fridge to our room, an never made expereince before. Thank you Patricia. We found enough space for our belongings and sports equipment. Every evening we enjoid the nice living room for the guests which is located in a small winter-garden.
It was a familiy like athmosphere to stay there. Patricia has 5 little dogs and we enjoied to play with them. Patricia was always ready to help us and give her best support to us.
Breakfast was very rich and wonderful and there was nothing we missed.
It is a quite place, even it is located beside the main road. But this allows you to be very quick in the nearby villages. The traffic was not disturbing at all.
The house is very nice with a beatiful garden and free car park at the rear.
We loved to stay there and we can highly reccomend this B&B for everybody who wants to stay in Sligo area.
Thank you Patricia for this lovely stay in Ireland.
Martin/Karin/Lisi/Peter

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katerchen2704
Reviewed June 21, 2010

we had booked a month ahead for 3 nights. The description sounded delightful- large garden , patio, selection of snacks, large ensuite with wardrobe. We were put in a triny dark bedroom with a hedge covering the window and a fringe of weeds. no place to hang clothes. We asked about the wardrobe and were given 4 coat hangers and shown a hook inside the toilet door! Not even a biscuit to represent the "snacks" advertised..
The "large" garden was a strip of lawn alongside a very busy road- too noisy to sit and relax in! The patio was a yard used as a car parkand and by her 5 dogs as a loo!
The owner refused to move us to a more spacious room. At breakfast we were horrified to see some of her dogs messing in the front grass. We left after the one night and she had the nerve to demand more money.
Do Health and Safety not have any concern about dog mess when the public are involved? Don't be conned by the "blarney"

1  Thank sbgalla2
coollake, Owner at Rowanville Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

I am very disappointed by this review. I will try to clarify some of the points you mentioned, your original booking was for a 2 night stay at an agreed rate of €35 pps and you were notified of our policy of minimum 48 hour cancellation notice. I only charged you the agreed rate which is on email of €35 , you offered me €65 and I requested only €5 , the total due was for a 2 night stay (€140) which I did not request, as the gentleman explained on arrival that he had serious health issues and his stay was overlapping with an appt.. with a specialist, I was being understanding. He requested a room change which I said was absolutely no problem but the lady insisted on staying in the room and SHE requested clothes hangers which she would hang off hooks, I also offered to move the wardrobe back into the room as the room was only recently redecorated but this was also refused. It is always our policy if the guest is not happy and there are other rooms available to move persons at their request. I have uploaded photos of our strip of garden and it is evident from the photos that we have a very large front garden with fountain, guest sitting area and shrubbery which I am quite proud of, It is clear you do not like dogs and we do have pedigree King Charles dogs whom all previous guests enjoy, they have their own outside kennel area and run, the larger dogs are allowed to roam in the gardens but we have a Scoop and Poop policy on our grounds, unfortunately it is difficult to teach dogs when and where they decide to go to the bathroom. I regret you were unaware we have family pets, we as you are aware live in the countryside and also have cows and calves adjacent to our home. Our level of cleanliness is second to none and I strongly dispute your rating of 2 points, Location , underneath Dartry/BenBulben mountain range in the heart of the Yeats countryside speaks for itself. Lord Louis Mountbatten RIP lived locally in Mullaghamore, 10 mins away, Lissadell House where WB Yeats spent much of his time 10 mins in the other direction, Our location in the countryside, 1 km from a village is well documented on our mapping It is disappointing that you felt you were not in a position to approach me regarding your bad feelings towards our family run B & B. I strongly dispute the comments you have made, and I would never use the word 'cheek' 'strip of grass' etc. Fortunately the majority of our customers are satisfied with their stay and it is evident from the numbers of repeat clients. I hope you enjoy much better experiences in the future

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I stayed here on the 10th of June for 1 night as I was moving on but this place is superb. The rooms are spotless and the people who run it couldnt do enough for you. They are very welcoming and pleasent. The breakfast was fantastic with superb views of Benbulben. I will definatly be back to stay here and for anyone who is going to grange I would advise you to go here. It was defo a 5 star B&B and thedogs would melt your heart! Thank you for everything and I have recommended you to everyone I know.

1  Thank kerrianncarr
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I chose this b & b mainly due to all the excellent reviews I had found in the internet. And it was a right thing to do! I can confirm all the great things that have been said regards rowanville lodge in this site and elsewhere. We were travelling with a young child and there was a plenty of room for him to play. Moreover he enjoyed watching the cows and the baby cows on the nearby yard and he played with the dogs. Even now, he still talks about the two cute puppies he met there. We got a room on a ground floor that was very conveniently located next to the sitting room and further the place where we parked our car. So we were able to easily move our stuff in and out the room to our car. The lodge is located by the road but all the windows are heading towards the yard and our room was extremely quiet. The breakfast was delicious - mu fruit salad had fresh and yummy strawberries in it. Even though cappuccino was not on the menu, we got it after my husband asked for it! Definitely reccommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at the b&b for a whole week. We were made most welcome by Pat and her family. The rooms were comfortable and clean, ours looked out on to their field of cows which our 3 year old loved. The setting was very peaceful and had great views, especially of Benbulben. The location was good for us as we were visiting relatives nearby. It's ideal for exploring the local area including Sligo and Bundoran and there are some nice beaches close by, you will however definitely need a car to get around.
Breakfast was excellent. Plenty of tea/coffee and toast, and a great full english. We were a party of three generations and the b&b was ideal for all of us. The only complaint we had was the wet & windy weather, but that is typical Ireland and not much Pat could have done about that! It makes Ireland all the more green of course.
Pat was ever so friendly and a great hostess. We really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grange
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
#5 of 8 in Sligo
Mount Edward Lodge
Mount Edward Lodge
#2 of 5 in Grange

Been to Rowanville Lodge? Share your experiences!