“A wonderful stay!”
Review of Rowanville Lodge

Rowanville Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Grange B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The owners, Patricia and Matty, made me and my daughter feel like home during our one week stay.Wonderful breakfast (homemade scones and jelly), nice twin room with two comfortable beds (one queen size :-), tasteful interior and very clean. A short walk to the beautiful beach and Benbulben mountain just in front of you!We didn´t have a car so Pat drove us to the village several times and Matty even to Sligo city.We enjoyed their wonderful sense of humour and warmth towards us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
coollake, Owner at Rowanville Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Many thanks for your wonderful review. We really enjoyed having you as our guests and it was a pleasure to look after you. It can be a little tedious if you have no car while on holiday and it was absolutely no problem when we were in a position to bring you to a couple of destinations.
Hopefully you will visit Ireland in the future and it would be great to have you stay with us again.
Warm regards Pat and Mattie.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were warmly welcomed by Patricia who talked our ear off :-) Very proud of her family/children which was touching. Lovely home set back from a fairly busy street but you wouldn't know it. Like most B & B's the room was not very large but it was wonderful and tastefully appointed with a very nice modern bathroom. You can tell Patricia takes pride in her place. It was quiet and we slept well. Had a yummy breakfast in a sunny breakfast room looking out at Ben Bouden Mountain. Not sure on spelling. A lovely home with a lovely view.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room in the back of the house. Nice bedroom window to open to view some potted flowe...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review and I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments.
I do tend to chat quite a bit and sometimes forget I may have kissed the"Blarney Stone", but as they say I have the Irish quality "the gift of the gab"
Many thanks again and I am sure you have great sunshine in Sunny California!!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a lovely welcoming place to stay with a wonderful owner (Pat) who is very helpful and informative and great to chat to.
She also makes great scones and homemade raspberry jam, the little touches which set this place apart.
Our room was at the back of the house and was clean and nicely furnished with extremely comfortable beds. The ensuite shower was excellent and the internet connection was good.
There are a couple of restaurants close by but we drove into Sligo where we had a great meal at Reidys which had lovely seafood.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit to County Sligo, and many thanks for your business. So sorry for not replying to your review much earlier but time just flies by! Kind regards Pat

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I really like the place, very good taste in decoration and very clean. The staff exceptionally friendly and helpful with all request and questions. Also, it had very good selection for the breakfast (homemade scones very good!).

It is just a little bit more expensive than other places of same category around Grange, but It is worth it. Website shows what you are getting.

Room Tip: I picked one room in the front with the view to the mountains (even when smaller than others) Saying...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your good review. I am sure you enjoyed the Celtic Fringe Festival in Grange village and all the business's in the area were so busy. It is good to connect with our
Spanish Armada history. I look forward to you visiting with us sometime in the future.
Many thanks for your business and taking time to post your positive feedback. Cheers Patricia

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for one night when we arrived in Ireland. The owner was quite pleasant and helpful. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean. It is on a main road but we did not hear any noise in the back of the house where the rooms are. There is a country road you can walk down to the sea and also an old church and graveyard quite close.We were given a choice of several items for breakfast, filled out the menucard and left it on our door. I had the Irish breakfast and my daughter had the pancakes. All in all it was a good value for the money!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your recent review and I am pleased you had a pleasant stay with us. Many
thanks for your business and taking your personal time to review Rowanville Lodge B & B.
It is great you enjoyed your horseriding experience and Horse Holiday Farm provide some
wonderful horses for all abilities.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Dining area had lovely view of mountain. Great location. The best part was the owner, Pat. She was absolutely amazing and very, very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

I regret I have not responded to your great review much earlier but I do indeed appreciate your great review. Many thanks for taking of your personal time and I am delighted to have had you stay with us. Kind regards Pat

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very clean, nice bedroom...best shower I had in Ireland. Pat was very friendly and welcoming. Wonderful breakfast and sent my father on his way with some of her scones which delighted him.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
coollake, Owner at Rowanville Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Good afternoon

Thank you for posting your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Still busy baking! I hope your Dad enjoyed his afternoon tea with my scones. I appreciate
you taking the time to post your positive comments about our BandB, first of the rain today
in Grange!!
Warm regards
Patricia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grange
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre
Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel
Mill Park Hotel
Mill Park Hotel
#3 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Rowanville Lodge? Share your experiences!