“Not as good as previous visit”

Langs Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Grange
Cuisines: Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A visit to the Northwest is not complete without stopping off at Award-Winning Langs Gastro Pub in Grange, County Sligo. This family run establishment began serving food 8 years ago. Since then, the combination of quality home cooked food & our friendly & welcoming atmosphere in relaxed surroundings continues to attract tourist & locals alike. Because of its popularity, the area was extended recently with extensive dining area, though newly built, blending seamlessly with the old. Langs Bar & Restaurant is in one of the most picturesque locations in Ireland with the majestic Benbulben mountain on one side & the rugged beauty of the Atlantic coast at Streedagh Beach on the other. It's only 15 miles from Sligo - the shopping capital of the Northwest & is also only 10 miles from the fun of Bundoran. It serves as a gateway to Donegal & Northern Ireland.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I previously gave Lang's a glowing review but a repeat visit wasn't up to par.
I just had a main course and a coffee but there were problems with both.
I ordered a Thai salmon curry. What I got was nothing like any sort of Thai curry whatsoever. I would seriously worry about any chef who thinks there should be dairy cream in a Thai curry. It is simply wrong. What I got was more like a bad attempt at some sort of creamy korma - no Thai flavours and no heat - none! Really, a plate of bad, bland creamy food. Not my, thing and not a Thai curry.
The coffee I had wasn't bad. That is, it wasn't bad until I went to pay for it. I was charged the price of two espressos for a double espresso. When I questioned this I was met with confusion. Maybe the owner or manager should visit some other cafés and restaurants to learn how to price their hot drinks appropriately.

Maybe I got unlucky and happened on the one dish that the chef has no flair for and maybe they've since changed their coffee pricing policy - I hope so as previously, I was very impressed with the food and service.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

A lot of options on the menu and haven't had a bad dish in about 5 visits. Can get busy on weekends so get in there early.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Have eaten here often, always friendly and always yummy, and the bar is just lovely too! Make sure you definitely call to this li'l gem of a place if you are anywhere near Grange.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not the usual pub grub. The menu is a few notches above that, and everything our small group ordered was brilliant! Also had the opportunity to down a few pints in the bar area. Very nice and comfortable spot. I look forward to returning some day!

1  Thank cnypete
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Langs always delivers great service and really lovely food,we are never disappointed,only one slight comment is that a little music would maybe create a bit of atmosphere which it is lacking in. Otherwise definately the best food in the area.

1  Thank funfair