“Beach trek - memories for life!”

Island View Riding Stables
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Grange
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For the time of your life on horseback! Island View is a family run Trekking centre and riding school that offer horse riding for all- beginners or experienced, children or adults. Beach rides, lessons, day rides to the stables' private island, residential holiday packages and short breaks are available all year round.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We went for a 1 hour beach trek with Island View Riding Stables in early August - and it was the activity that made our holiday! We were novices - myself, my husband and my four year old had never been on a horse - and my 9 year old had ridden a little - but it really didn't matter. All of the horses were so quiet and well trained, they were great.

I didn't really know what to expect and was very nervous (although I was trying to hide this from the kids!). But within minutes of being on the horses we were all at our ease and enjoying ourselves.

My four year old was the most surprising - her horse Pebbles was led by Sophie, who really put her at ease. She soon was like a pro - and managed to talk her way all the way to the beach and back (poor Sophie!).

The rest of us were left to manage our own horses - Lady, Gippy & Henry - all of whom behaved very well. Although Lady and Gippy did have a habit of stopping to a bite to eat unexpectedly. The trotting was interesting - I think I really only got the hang of it at the very end.

The trip on the road and the lane was great - it got your confidence up, so by the time we reached the beach you could really relax and take in the beauty of it all. And it really was beautiful - breathtaking even. One of those memories that will stay with you forever.

The kids are still talking about it - and I think they may have caught the bug. They are already begging to go back.

Thanks so much to all the team at Island View Stables - especially Sophie!!!

horseyursi, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2014

hi , Thanks somuch for your review. I will pass your comments on to Sophia , who loves kids and has a great way with them . It would be lovely if your little trip ont he beach here inspired an interest in riding in your chidlren - it is such a lovely sport and great for their confidence and well being .

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"helmets"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Who can say 'no' to horseriding on the beach ? Dedicated and experienced riders take you on a tour you'll never forget.

1  Thank geomang

Thanks such much for your nice review of our stables.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Myself and my husband visited Island View Riding Stables while staying in Sligo and when we booked it was at a time and day that suited us ,we weren't just slotted in like u are in some places,we arrived early(15 mins) and had a bit of a wait but a very worthwhile one, we were fitted with hats and if u need them they provide boots. We were given our mounts and set off with Darragh who was taking us out, much to our surprise it was just the two of us on the ride I had expected to be in a large group so was delighted that it was just us,my husband is a novice and was concerned about holding others back that may have been on the ride,we didn't have to worry we were extremely well looked after by Darragh and our mounts Anna and Jippy...We had an absolutely fabulous time trotting and cantering along the beach,riding up and down the dunes and splashing through the sea....the best 2 hours riding I've had in years......Seriously considering a riding holiday here :)

1  Thank Hairyhighland

Thanks very much for taking the tiem to write this nice review.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had a very wonderful, scenic ride on the beach, and the staff were absolutely first rate! This may not be as fun for the experienced rider, but for a nice leisurely stroll on a beautiful stretch of beach, it can't be beaten. Great value for the money, and a very enjoyable, relaxing time!

Hi and thanks, I am delighted you had a god time riding with us - it is even more scenic now that we have had our beach clean up durign clean coasts week here!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My daughter and I, she's 10 and I'm closer to 50 than I would like, have been regular visitors to Island View over the last 3-4 years.... But this is the first time to write a review!!! Well, what can I say.... Without exception every time we go there, we have a fantastic time... We both love horses, And my daughter rides 2-3times a week at home... Ursula, Raymond and all the staff are exceptionally warm, friendly, welcoming, reassuring, very patient and encouraging to my quiet and shy 10 year old, who would, given the opportunity sleep in a stable with horses. This weekend, she had a fantastic lesson with Darragh,which she absolutely loved, on a new (to her ) pony that she hadn't ridden before, 'Biscuit'. I wanted to join her, but she's too cool for school to be seen in a lesson with her mam... but after the lesson, both of us went for a last minute unplanned beach ride with Anke.... it was wonderful. Rain or shine... a ride on the beach is good for the soul, but made all the better in the knowledge that the horses at Island View are so well cared for, and darlings all round.. It's difficult to find words to describe the experience that is island View.... There's something for everyone, so whether you're a complete novice, or a very experienced rider, the best advice I can give you is to 'just do it' , and you 'll see what I mean! Looking forward to returning when we get back from France, and thanks again a million times over!. Marie & Blathnaid

bobbels1, Owner at Island View Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Well, Marie and Blanaid, what can I say ? Thanks you so much for this fantastic review . It islovely and loyal customers like yourselves (and of course our lovely horses) that makes my job fun and makes it so rewarding for me to spend long horse in the yard!!! Also thanks for telling your friends about us and bringing them along for rides ! We always look forward to your visit ! - Ursula