Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,878 results
All reviewsrosses pointa business class roomrelaxation roombar foodlovely hotelleisure centrewedding receptionthermal suitesteam roomgreat selectionben bulbenboth morningstop classlast weekendbar stafffollowing morninglovely room
Reviewed May 27, 2010

When we arrived we had been put in as Mr and Mrs and given a double room despite the fact I put on the reservation a twin was needed and I had telephoned to ensure I got a twin as I was travelling with an aunt. When we got into the room there was the stinking remains of someone's breakfast in the fridge and I was told by reception that someone would be up immediately to remove it. Never happened. The plug wouldn't lift in the sink so we used our nail scissors to do it. I also could not connect to the free wi-fi. When I mentioned all this to the receptionist she could not have been less interested and did not apologize once to us. This was one of several similar rated hotels we stayed in during our two week trip around Ireland and offered the worst service as the staff were aloof and barely managed to speak to us. The rest of Ireland managed to be friendly and nothing was too much for them. No point in having nice facilities and rooms if the staff are not up to standard.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Great Hotel in Radisson quality with nice view.Location out of town.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Took a last min break, and booked a deal while on the road to Sligo. The rooms were spotless, the staff polite and attentive. We used the Spa, and it was great. Yes it was a big hotel and possibly a little bit impersonal, but the politeness of the staff make up for that. The room was too hot, and the air con appeared not to work. That is the only complaint about the room. The hotel is out of Sligo town, and will require a short taxi ride (€5 -8), but even that is not a massive fault. The only fault was with the evening meal. The food was ok, but in no way up to a 4 star hotel quality. I did not enjoy anything I had and neither did my companion. The odd thing was the breakfast was very good!! I will stay in the hotel, but included in the price or not, I will not eat there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2010

This has to be one of the worst weekend stays in a hotel that I've ever had!! Booked it as a birthday surprise for my boyfriend. Arrived rooms were not ready. When we got our room was disappointed by how small it was. Ate dinner in the resturant, totally over priced. Order a movie for the room, times were wrong so ended up watching the end instead of the start. Next night had dinner in the bar and they some how ruined a plate of pasta and was then told that the chief was gone and all I could order was a sandwich!!' and then they charged me 8 euro for it!staff were rude and the service was slow. Such a waste of money, terrible weekend

3  Thank A_Hooded_Neon_Ion
Reviewed May 22, 2010

The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo is a very nice hotel. My wife, Baby and I stayed for one night in January. Check in was fast, efficient and friendly. We were upgraded free to a Business room that had great facilities such as coffee machine, free movies, free broadband and extra space.

The food was of a very high standard for both breakfast and dinner with a great range to choose from. Hotel is bright and modern with Friendly attentive staff.

Im sure you will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business