“3 night weekend stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballincar
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would like to particularly mention the excellent staff who were always helpful and informative. We ate in the Bar the first night which was very good quality but the Classiebawn Restaurant on 2 subsequent nights was excellent value and beautifully cooked and presented. Room was lovely and spacious but veiwed the extraction apparatus on the roof beside us, we didnt mind too much but be careful if you want a clear view.

Our disappointment was in the Spa Monday afternoon, was generally not attended to in housekeeping terms, ie no loo rolls in changing rooms, bins unemptied, shower in Ladies out of order, just a bit unkempt, not really the luxuriousness we were hoping for. The towels on my massage bed felt damp and clammy as they were old and full of oil, even though clean, they were changed and the difference was huge. My husband asked specifically for a deep tissue massage on booking and was assured this was possible but which did not materialise, more of an effleurage, lasted around 30 mins and cost 80 euro. We work in the massage area and know the difference so it is really not okay to advertise something that cannot be delivered, sorry !!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Maggie637,

Thank you for choosing to visit us and for taking the time to provide a review of your experience with our hotel.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and in particular you found all the staff to be helpful and informative. I am extremely lucky to have such a hard working team here at the hotel!

It is encouraging for Joe Shannon our Executive Chef and his team to read your comments about your dining experience in the bar and restaurant and in particular your comments about the food quality and presentation. We also believe that our restaurant menu offers our guests value for money at €30.00 for three courses.

I am sorry that your view was obscured by our roof extraction. The majority of our bedrooms offer views of Sligo Bay or Benbulben Mountain and I am glad that this did not impact on your overall enjoyment of the wonderful views from your room.

I was terribly disappointed to read your comments about your experience in Solas Spa. I know my colleague Johanna Daly our Spa Manager was in contact with you directly in relation to your visit on Monday. On behalf of all the team here at the hotel we would like to sincerely apologise for our shortcomings and I am sorry that you did not enjoy this element of your visit.

We typically receive very positive feedback about our spa facility and Johanna and her team have reviewed your feedback in a lot of detail. I would hope that you will see a marked improvement in this area on your return following the training and standards we have put in place to ensure consistency in achieving the levels of quality which draw so much positive feedback from our guests who visit Solas Spa.

I am genuinely sorry for your experience and I would appreciate if you could pass on my apologies to your husband and once again thank you for your feedback and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I booked a business class room in this hotel for 2 nights for my birthday. Everything from the service to the rooms; food in the restaurant and the overall cleanliness was of the highest standard.

If you do decide to stay in this hotel, don't hesitate to try what the restaurant has to offer for dinner. The food is absolutely outstanding as is the ambiance and the small complimentaries. Breakfast was also brilliant, as is the room service; free if you're staying in business class.

The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Amenities included were air-con, Nespresso machine, bathrobes, slippers, a huge bed and sofa.

Staff were excellent and we had such a relaxing time away, just wish we had've made use of the Spa and Leisure facilities. However, since we'll be back, I'm sure we'll get good use out of it the next time we stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in a family room with 2 small children for 2 nights. Rooms were modern and clean and warm. Everything was ready for us on arrival including travel cot for our toddler and single bed ready for our young child. Staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much hassle for them. Children were made to feel welcome which was important for us on our first hotel break as a family. Pool facilities were excellent and we definitely made good use of them. We also ate in the hotel restaurant, the beef was melt in your mouth and again the service was brilliant. Breakfast is delicious, we definitely were well filled and the selection was excellent. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel enough and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Reviewed April 5, 2014

What a lovely stay at the Radisson in Sligo! We were a part of an Insight Travel tour, yet treated as returning guests. The room was spacious, view of the Knocknarea mountain beautiful. The venue is away from city center in a quiet residential part of town. An early morning walk in the area provided opportunity to visit with locals as well as enjoy the clean air.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stingaree
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I have been going to this hotel annually now for 3 years. We are 3 couples who all have small kids and love getting away to relax. When we checked into the hotel there was a wedding on, we had not been told this upon booking. We were all given ground floor rooms. We were all hungry after a long drive so we went to the bar for some food. The bar was absolutely packed from the wedding crowd and we had to wait around for over an hour to get a seat.. We went out for dinner that evening and when we returned to the hotel we had a few drinks and went to bed round 12. From 4am until 7am the noise outside/above us was unbearable.. I phoned reception on numerous occasions but it was no good.. We got no sleep at all none of us.. When we checked put in the morning I aired my grievances to the receptionist but she said because I had the room paid in full there was nothing she could do... Then she was interrupted by the temp duty manager who did kindly refund 40 of the room price which was 120 to start with, however I did think that it was slightly mean and she could of given us a voucher or some incentive to return.. We will not be back

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Laura B
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear Laura B,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel and I am disappointed to learn of your experience with us and I am extremely concerned when any guest leaves the hotel less than 100% satisfied.

I would like to apologise most sincerely, and I would like to reassure you that this is definitely not the normal standard of service we strive to offer any guest of the hotel. I would hope that your previous visits over the past three years have been of a positive nature and that your last visit is not consistent with your previous experiences.

That being said, I do greatly appreciate your feedback and just last week I emailed you directly in relation to your recent stay and I do hope we get the opportunity to discuss this matter further.

Once again my apologies and I hope that we get the opportunity to regain your confidence in the hotel at some stage in the future, and that you continue to visit Sligo on an annual basis.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Has lunch today with my son in the bar restaurant.
Fish of the day. Slimy poorly cooked sea bass, with potatoes fried in rancid oil, and inedible vegetables. The potatoes tasted so bad and the oil in which they were cooked was so old and clearly reused many many times it actually smelled.
Disgusting offering in any establishment let alone a 4 star hotel.
Inexcusable. Our lips were actually coated in the foul oil.
The waiter was very pleasant, but what a disservice to him as well, having to put that food before customers!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sheenamc
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear "Sheenama",

Thank you for choosing to dine here at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo and for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent experience. As you can imagine I was terribly disappointed to read your review.

I have reviewed your feedback with all on the team and I have to say that we are all extremely upset and most embarrassed to learn that any guest would experience this here at the hotel.

I do agree with you that this is absolutely not acceptable and I would like to assure you that that this is not the quality of dining experience we strive to offer any guest of the hotel. I would also like to assure you that we are renowned for our service levels provided to guests and also for the quality of food provided to our guests.

Thank you for informing us and giving us the opportunity to improve our service and food offering and I would be most appreciative if you had time to discuss this further with me. My number here at the hotel is 071 91940008 or my email is seamus.preston@radissonblu.com.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Hotel is situated in a Great location outside Sligo town, on route to Rosses point. Overlooking the bay nad with fantastic views of Knocknarea mountain.The proffesionalism and friendly staff are to be noted. the ambience is relaxing, quiet. The hotel is very good value. Food including barfood is very goodI would be highly recommneding the hotel and will definately be returning when in Sligo

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballincar
Clayton Hotel Sligo
Riverside Hotel
#2 of 8 in Sligo
Great Southern Hotel Sligo
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo? Share your experiences!