“Family Wedding”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballincar
Reviewed May 15, 2013

stayed at this hotel recently for a family wedding, highly impressed. Beautiful hotel, clean and modern. Food was fantastic, both the wedding reception meal and the breakfast buffet were top class. We had small children with us and were accommodated in adjoining rooms which was great. Every staff member I dealt with was friendly and welcoming. Really couldn't fault it, hope to be back. I

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RozMc
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is situated in the shadow of Ben Bulben on a large well maintained mature site. Car parking facilities are excellent. The lobby is large, inviting and pleasantly furnished, Staff throughout the hotel are efficient and courteous and we felt welcome .
Our bedroom was business class, wide and spacious with all the facilities one would expect and the many little perks, like the coffee machine , selection of teas and coffee and the complimentary use of the thermal suite and internet connection were much appreciated.
The bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom housed the little luxuries which add to the enjoyment of an hotel visit.
The bedroom furniture in our room and the bed base was a little battered from constant usage and while it did not detract from the comfort, it is something which hotel management needs to consider.
We availed of the swimming and spa facilities which are first class and I personally was disappointed that I didn't have time to avail of any of the many pampering packages which are on offer and reasonably priced.( Perhaps next time !)
I was greatly looking forward to the breakfast and I was not disappointed, The hot and cold buffet served in the beautiful dining room had a varied selection , was appetising and offered a very good start to a long journey. Well done!
We are experienced travellers, though now getting on in years, and our expectations were met in this hotel. However, we were travelling mid week and before the peak season and things were reasonably quiet but I am confident that the hotel aims to offer the same quality of service when the tourist season is in full swing. Hopefully, we will return and experience it for ourselves.
Some of us want even more - and a sea view would have made our stay heavenly!

Room Tip: A sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IRISHMAGGIEN
Reviewed May 10, 2013

we stayed in this excellent hotel for a weekend recently. We were made to feel like regulars as soon as we walked in the reception even though it was our first time there. Ann and her staff certainly know what a Irish welcome means. Our room was lovely and front-facing allowing us a fantastic view over the sea. Food was very good, ( we ate in the bar twice) breakfast was excellent. We had a wonderful stay and I would certainly endorse this Hotel in a beautiful setting. I left behind two battery charges one for camera and one for phone, both were posted to my home in co. Down within a week, no charge, even though I offered to pay the postage. Now thats what I call service!

Room Tip: the only reason I did not rate the spa is that we did not make use of it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a fine hotel set on the outskirts of Rosses Point just outside Sligo town. The service was friendly, professional and competent. The room was large and spacious and spotlessly clean but without a sea view but that was not a problem as there were penty of sea views in the public areas of the hotel. Food was excellent and well served and well presented. The pool and leisure centre were fine but I only used them once. It is a great base for exploring Sligo and its delights and while my stay was short I would return for a longer and more leisurely stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is a bit outside of Sligo town,but has lovely views overlooking Ben bulben. The decor in the hotel is quite nice, the lobby area is generous and the rooms are warm and nicely furnished. The bed unfortunately was two single beds pushed together and our room smelled badly of cigarettes. The meal we had in the restaurant on the night we arrived was average... The menu was nothing to get excited about, but we chose the goats cheese in filo pastry to start and the duck for mains. The duck was cold when it arrived and my side order of chips was forgotten, like our coffee order which we waited for patiently 15mins after our desserts had been cleared away and eventually had to ask the waiter to bring up to our room after we payed the bill. Breakfast in the morning was the same affair. The blonde haired waitress brought us a pot of coffee when we asked for two teas. After a small bowl of fruit salad, my boyfriend and I left the table to get something from the hot buffet only to find that our table had been completely cleared away on our return two minutes later. After the table was reset I ordered tea for two for the third time, which arrived ten mins later when our breakfast was all but finished.... In the end I had my head in my hands...I'm sorry to say that I will not be returning any time soon...

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Waited 45 minutes after dinner for coffee, which they brought as instant with boiling water. No cream nor sugar. No apology. Avoid the restaurant on premises.
The rooms were adequate, overpriced for the upgrade to business class.

Room Tip: The upgrade fee for "business class" is not worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The one thing you can be sure of with a Radisson hotel is that you know exactly what you will get.
The staff are very professional and efficient, but still manage to be friendly, helpful and welcoming.
The Sligo Radisson is a nice place to arrive after a long tiring drive. The rooms are beautiful, most with lovely sea views. The bathrooms luxurious. The beds oh so comfortable. If I had to quibble, I would suggest that they should consider extending their range of TV channels (perhaps to include BBC3 and 4?), but this is a minor point.
We didn't have the time, or the energy!, to try the spa area, but did have a fantastic dinner in the restaurant. The sea bass, in particular, was absolutely exquisite. Excellent too was the Alsace wine (Gewurstraminer). Service was prompt, professional and friendly. Breakfast the next morning was comprehensive and very tasty. We left the hotel feeling well rested and ready for the long journey home. We would have no hesitation recommending this fine hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballincar
Clayton Hotel Sligo
Riverside Hotel
#2 of 8 in Sligo
Great Southern Hotel Sligo
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo? Share your experiences!