Enjoyed our stay here in September when the weather was beautiful. We were allocated Desmond,s room which at first was a little dissapointing, but after settling in we found it airy with a lovely view over the lake and very quirky wet room with murals and coloured spotlights. The quirkiness followed into the bedroom where there is a bath in the room screened off with a luminous painted screen and the bed side lights are hillarious!
The whole castle is full of character and has very few electric lights so if you like plently of candle light as I do you will not be disappointed! The staff are so friendly and very approachable and dinner was awsome!
All of our courses were delicious and absolute works of art on the plates! Breakfast was so very relaxed and a wonderful choice to help yourself to as well as traditional cooked breakfast, a choice of porridges, pancakes etc
Would I stay here again............ absolutley!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin and 60 minutes from Belfast. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The two bedroom Old Stable Mews and four and five bedroom Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. Whether your idea of a holiday is a romantic retreat, a relaxing break or an action-packed adventure, there is something for everyone at Castle Leslie Estate. A host of activities are on offer including pike fishing for the nature enthusiast, a private cinema for movie buffs, exceptional walking trails for those who want to breathe in fresh country air, kayaking and clay pigeon shooting for the more adventurous, hot air balloon rides for those looking for exhilaration, falconry for those to experience nature up close, a fabulous spa for rejuvenation and of course the famous world-class equestrian centre which offers memorable horse riding holiday experiences for riding enthusiasts of all levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan