I and my wife went to Castle leslie, our second time of visiting in 2009. Ou first trip was very nice, we stayed n the Eagles Nest, and had a wonderful Friday evening, beautiful meal and relaxing walk around the grounds before a peaceful nights sleep. Our second trip was for two nights in July staying in a lakeview room which we had booked ahead of time and had written confirmation of. Sadly upon arrival we were told we cold not book in until 2:00pm, when we did book in at 2pm we were told our pre arranged room had been taken by another set of guests who had booked in before us, ie; before 2pm ???
We were shown another room, which still had the leaving residents backs still in the unmade room. Thankfully, after insisting on a better room we had a lovley lady from Berkshire , if my memory serves me correct who was in charge of room allocation, offered us The Green Room, which was superb in every aspect, though the toilet/ bathroom arrnagements for the green room are quaint. On leaving we were over over charged by over 100 euro, but this was reimbursed.
Having booked again for a third visit, i had booked and received a confirmation email for the red room for a 20th wedding anniversary in June 2009, only to be told the booking was a mistake as a wedding had been booked a day before my booking!!!!! In all i adore the grounds and the staff are pleasant and open if you are friendly and open with them. However, i now feel that individual guests take a second place pecking order in favour of wedding guests, a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin and 60 minutes from Belfast. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The two bedroom Old Stable Mews and four and five bedroom Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. Whether your idea of a holiday is a romantic retreat, a relaxing break or an action-packed adventure, there is something for everyone at Castle Leslie Estate. A host of activities are on offer including pike fishing for the nature enthusiast, a private cinema for movie buffs, exceptional walking trails for those who want to breathe in fresh country air, kayaking and clay pigeon shooting for the more adventurous, hot air balloon rides for those looking for exhilaration, falconry for those to experience nature up close, a fabulous spa for rejuvenation and of course the famous world-class equestrian centre which offers memorable horse riding holiday experiences for riding enthusiasts of all levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan