Just returned from a two night Getaway On Horseback Break, staying at the Lodge at Castle Leslie.
Our room was well appointed, spacious, spotlessly clean, with large very comfortable bed. Ensuite bathroom, with luxurious bath and large separate shower. Room had a balcony overlooking the stable yard.
First night we ate in Conor's Bar, the food was excellent, good choice and great value. Staff were friendly and efficient. Second night we dined in Snaffles Restaurant, this five course meal was included in the price of our break, and was excellent.
The highlight of our break was a two hour beginners hack around the 1000 acre estate. As a couple of novices, we were slightly apprehensive. The equestrian staff were friendly, professional and soon made us feel at ease and soon on board our horses Murray and Fernando. All the staff were helpful, patient and friendly, especially Mary Ann our instructor and we would thoroughly recommend this to horse lovers of all abilities, the facilities are excellent.
As there was no function booked at the Castle, we were able to explore the public areas. All very impressive and staff welcoming. As it was Halloween the rooms were decorated accordingly and this was very atmospheric, from the lit church candles in the bar area and the carved pumpkins etc. library, reading room also impressive, yet cosy for sitting and relaxing.
Would thoroughly recommend for a luxurious relaxing break, for horse lovers, for fabulous food, or just for pampering in the Victorian Treatment Rooms, there is something for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin and 60 minutes from Belfast. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The two bedroom Old Stable Mews and four and five bedroom Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. Whether your idea of a holiday is a romantic retreat, a relaxing break or an action-packed adventure, there is something for everyone at Castle Leslie Estate. A host of activities are on offer including pike fishing for the nature enthusiast, a private cinema for movie buffs, exceptional walking trails for those who want to breathe in fresh country air, kayaking and clay pigeon shooting for the more adventurous, hot air balloon rides for those looking for exhilaration, falconry for those to experience nature up close, a fabulous spa for rejuvenation and of course the famous world-class equestrian centre which offers memorable horse riding holiday experiences for riding enthusiasts of all levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan