We spent two nights at The Lodge at Castle Leslie last week on their Country Getaway offer. We had a lovely big room (Fintra - all rooms are named after horses) with a huge bathroom where we had very hot water on tap at all times. A tea/coffee tray is replenished every day and a large bottle of estate spring water with drinking glasses is a particularly nice touch. Two comfortable armchairs sit either side of a coffee table. The only small niggle (and it is a petty one) was that there were no drawers in the room for shirts, underwear etc. There were two small drawers in the desk and a large locker underneath the bedside drawer. Conor's bar was a series of connecting rooms, welcoming and comfortable, with friendly staff and excellent bar food. Snaffles Restaurant where we had breakfast and dinner was dressed in starched white linen and sparkling glasses; here again the staff were plentiful, helpful and very friendly. The food was excellent. There are lots of recommended walks and the garden and lake surrounding the castle are pleasant places to sit when the weather is favourable. The equestrian centre seemed busy and popular. A well-run and highly recommended place to spend relaxing days and we look forward to returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It's the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include hot air balloon rides,falconry, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, boating and picnics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan