“Somewhere Special”

Castle Leslie Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glaslough
Reviewed December 10, 2012

From we arrived to we left I had the best time we spent my 30th birthday here and it was everything I wanted and more. The lady at reception greeted us and was so helpful she allocated our room even though we had arrived at lunchtime she escorted us to our room showing us Snaffles Resturant and the Victoria Spa and explained the names of the rooms. I treated myself to a day in the spa what can I say I felt like I was floating on a cloud after my treatments I didn't want to leave. We ate in the Snaffles Resturant again staff were lovely and food was excellent. We also ate lunch twice in Conor's Bar again food and service excellent I would definately recommend a caramel hot chocolate you won't be disappointed. Breakfast in Snaffles again excellent it was cooked to order with a great selection my husband and I went for full irish. We loved it so much we have booked again for next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed 1 night at Castle Leslie Estate.Stayed in Upper stable room in Lodge. Could not fault the hotel, facilities, food or hospitality. Excellent choice of food. Good value for money. Had afternoon tea in Castle which is essential. Beautiful walks in stunning location. Staff very helpful. Just book it !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
CastleLeslie, General Manager at Castle Leslie Estate, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at The Lodge at Castle Leslie Estate and for your positive comments and feedback.

It is very encouraging to hear that you enjoyed the facilities on offer and that you gave a special mention regarding Uncle Jack's Afternoon Tea at The Castle, it is as you mention in your review "essential" to take the opportunity to enjoy.

My team and I are delighted that you have enjoyed your recent visit and discovered the beauty of the estate.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind Regards

Brian Baldwin
Castle Leslie Estate.

Winner of "Best Four Star Hotel" in the Hotel & Catering Gold Medal Awards 2012
Winner of "Best Boutique Hotel" in the National Hospitality Awards 2012

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I had originally booked to stay for one night but loved it so much we stayed an extra night,we stayed in the castle and it was superb,room was really nice and spotlessly clean,the food was really good and the grounds are amazing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley C
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Wow wow wow!!!!! I think that sums it up! Stayed in the old stable mews for a weekend and loved every single second of our stay. From start to finish I have not a bad word to say! Immaculately clean, amazing staff, fantastic food in Snaffles restaurant, the castle is amazing, the spa is amazing, the horse riding is amazing...the clay pigeon shooting was so much fun, glen the instructors made it for us....the walks in the grounds are fantastic....I think you get the picture.....go go go! If you don't like it there is something wring with you!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We visited the Lodge for morning coffee and were met by the most grumpy person they must employ, he failed to even say hello. We waited for a long period of time for service and eventually had to leave due to the fact that the food on offer was not freshly made on the day.

Of all the places in the world we have been, this has to be the most disappointing. It has beautiful surroundings but the staff leave alot to be desired.

Will definitely be avoiding this for food again!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank shieldsgenevieve

Dear Visitor

My team and I would like to pass on our thanks for taking the time to write your review, regarding your recent visit to The Lodge at Castle Leslie Estate.

The team and I are disappointed to read your comments regarding the service you experienced whilst visiting Conor's Bar at The Lodge. The delay you experienced was unfortunate and we have spoken to the team member involved and we will learn from this experience and customer feedback.

However, with respect I find your comment regarding the quality of our food at Castle Leslie Estate, as being unfair and misleading.

We will continually work harder to ensure we deliver a service and experience above our guest’s expectations.

I would invite you respectfully to contact me directly through the hotel, to enable me to speak to you in person and learn more about your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to discover more of the estate and its enchanting idyllic setting.

Kind Regards

Brian Baldwin
Castle Leslie Estate

Winner of "Best Four Star Hotel" in the Hotel & Catering Gold Medal Awards 2012
Winner of "Best Boutique Hotel" in the National Hospitality Awards 2012

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed in The Mews which are on the grounds of the hotel, set in a wooded area, ideal for walks. The house was very nice with an open fire and very cosy. Mary the housekeeper was extremely nice and couldn't do enough for us. The castle was lovely and you could roam around at ease. Food in The Lodge was good and the staff were all very nice. Monaghan was about a 10 minute drive away. It has a leisure centre but I didn't think it was a great shopping town. My daugher went horse riding, though there is not alot for kids to do and there wasn't many kids around. Would really like to go back, it was a lovely relaxing break.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Libbie1
Reviewed November 19, 2012

4 weeks ago I had stayed with my partner in the Hunting Lodge on Castle Leslie Estate and the service and attention to detail we have experienced was like nothing we have ever seen before.

The estate is just beautiful, the staff so attentive and friendly and the food so delicious.
It was my partners birthday on our second night and I had asked the manageress Kinga if she could organise something for a surprise and when my partner’s dessert came out, it was presented with a “Happy birthday” written in Chocolate all over the plate.

All the staff made us feel so special during our stay, especially Kinga, who looked after us in the restaurant with such professionalism. Her passion and enthusiasm makes her one of the most memorable members of your staff, but everyone else is just great and very helpful and friendly.

I cannot recommend the estate enough and everyone should experience hospitality on the highest level like it is standard at Castle Leslie Estate!
We cannot wait to have an excuse to return next year.

Kind regards, May Tubirty

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank may t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glaslough
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
#3 of 4 in Monaghan
Shirley Arms Hotel
Shirley Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Carrickmacross

Been to Castle Leslie Estate? Share your experiences!