It is not often you get the chance to stay in a venue in which all of the history and memorabilia remains in the home. Staying at Castle Leslie feels like you have just wandered into the home of the Leslie family. it is grand building and the walls and rooms have remained much as they were throughout much of the last century. And to enhance the experience still further you are often joined at breakfast and indeed throughout the day by Jack Leslie who, while now in his nineties, provided an amazingly lucid and entertaining tour of the Castle. If you get the chance please do try and meet Jack - he is living history and the Leslie family's connections to the Churchills places them right at the heart of the political establishment.
For those who seek all mod cons in their accommodation Castle Leslie is a relic of a bygone era where there are no TVs or showers in the majority of rooms in the Castle. Instead the bathrooms are characterised by huge tin baths and large wooden seated toilets. But that is the quintessential charm of Castle Leslie. Just leave the modern world behind and immerse yourself in a wonderfully grand and unique experience.
The food is top notch and the beautiful grounds will provide a welcome opportunity to walk of those excess calories.
Book with confidence and enjoy a relaxing and historic stay at Castle Leslie.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It's the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include hot air balloon rides,falconry, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, boating and picnics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan