Attended a Friends wedding at Castle Leslie. We didn't actually stay in the Castle or the Lodge but booked the self catering houses in the Village of Glaslough which is a short walk from the Castle. The houses are fab. They are newly built but the style of the houses is in keeping with the estate. We stayed in a 4 bed house that had two rooms ensuite, main bathroom, toilet down stairs, kitchen and dining room and two sitting rooms. House was very comfortable - just could have done with more pillows. The Wedding in Castle Leslie was fantastic. The Castle itself is lovely - we had a great time exploring all the rooms and the grounds. Wedding was in a marquee off the Castle (but felt like it was part of the Castle). Food was excellent and service was fantastic as well. Wine was topped up very frequently and everybody at the table got their meals at the same time which meant that none of us had to wait. Really impressed with the whole experince here - the only problem was that it was too short. Will be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It's the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include hot air balloon rides,falconry, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, boating and picnics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan