My husband and I attended a family wedding in the Castle, though we stayed in the Lodge which is just at the entrance to this beautiful Estate. It was our first visit to Ireland and we were totally blown away by the experience. The Castle is a unique venue for a wedding, the setting is amazing, the food was excellent and it was a memorable day.
Our experience in the Lodge was exceptional! The staff are a credit to the Estate and management. We have to mention Dwanye our waiter in the bar where we had a snack at lunchtime. In the Victorian Spa we met Sinead and Edel both ladies were professional, friendly, we left relaxed and refreshed after our treatments. We dined that evening in Snaffles Restaurant, what an experience! from the moment we arrived upstairs we were treated like kings! The staff (Kevin, Mary and Niall) were wonderful, friendly, attentive, professional yet not intrusive. It was obvious they were a well oiled team who enjoyed their work. Breakfast was amazing, we loved the rustic buffet display! Tara our waitress both days was lovely!
We also have to thank Louise on reception, and Agnes.
We loved our visit to the Estate, and the Lodge staff made it extra special, it was the highlight of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Leslie Estate, nestled on 1,000 acres of undulating Irish countryside, dotted with ancient woodland and glittering lakes, is one of the last great Irish Castle estates still in the hands of its founding family. Castle Estate is waiting to be discovered. Located in Co. Monaghan, Ireland, the Estate is only 80 minutes from Dublin. The Castle (20 individual guestroom), at the heart of the Estate, offers authentic original interiors and old-style hospitality and is a complete respite from the world. The Lodge (29 guestrooms) is the social hub of the Estate and brings locals and guests together in an atmosphere of conviviality and comfort. The Old Stable Mews and Village Cottages are the perfect spot for families and groups that want the convenience of hotel living combined with private luxury home rental. The Estate offers an idyllic setting for outdoor activity and adventure. It's the perfect place to discover the thrill of exploring the countryside on horseback or foot. You can spend a few hours fishing on one of Ireland's best-preserved lakes. Alternatively, you might prefer to enjoy a massage in the Victorian Treatment Rooms at the end of an activity packed day or relax with a book in one of our many beautiful rooms. Other activities include hot air balloon rides,falconry, kayaking, clay pigeon shooting, boating and picnics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Castle Leslie Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Leslie Estate Hotel Glaslough
- Castle Leslie Estate Ireland/Glaslough, County Monaghan