Castle Leslie Estate
$101
Priceline
Westenra Arms Hotel(Monaghan)(Great Value!)
$125
The Glencarn Hotel(Castleblayney)
$101
$88
1,604 results
All reviewshorse ridingcastle lesliesnaffles restaurantafternoon teahunting lodgeequestrian centrecross countryroll top bathtreatment roomsstable mewssuperior roomold worldself cateringconnors barcourse mealgrounds are beautifulbirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The moment you pull into the grounds of Castle Leslie you realize this place is something special. The grounds are stunning and the building itself simply oozes old world grandeur and character.
We were led to our room by the receptionist which we felt was a lovely personal touch. We were allocated the Chinese room which was just wow. It was beautifully decorated, luxurious and meticulously clean.
The castle is simply steeped in history which is evident in every single room. We literally spent hours exploring!
We ate in the elegant dining room where we experienced exceptional service. The food was fabulous if a little pricey. We also had coffees in the snaffles restaurant which is much more casual and wallet friendly!
Lovely staff, great food, amazing location and a truly unique experience. This is one of the best hotels in the country.
I will certainly be back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Toyotacarina
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We went on the most wonderful trek through the fantastic woodland as part of a company weekend. The staff were very polite and capable, the horses well looked after- although my own horse would have loved staying in the luxury their horses have! We then retired for coffee outside and were very well looked after by polite staff who were very efficient but not in anyway intrusive. We did not stay, but I really want to!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank 933Jeni
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We booked two nights away in Castle Leslie and found the whole experience wonderful. The room (in the Lodge) was absolutely gorgeous and they had the baby cot all set up for us when we arrived. We were lucky and had great weather and spend much of our time just walking around the grounds. The room was spotless. Looking forward to going back some day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank In_Eire
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed here last May after we got married, we had to cancel our honeymooon due to the volcanic ash so we had a mini moon instead. Castle lesile was a lovely estate to stay in. We went for a hack out on 2 of their horses which was very enjoyable. we stayed 2 nights and had dinner in the hotel both nights, the food was very good we also had breakfast both mornings which was also lovely, it was nice to have the break fast brought to the table instead of getting a buffet. would defintely recommend the hotel

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Where do I start???? My boyfriend took me to Castle Leslie last week to celebrate my 30th birthday, which turned out to be a surprise engagement by the lake. We stayed 2 nights in Shane's room. The room was beautiful with lots of original character, I particularly loved the bath and felt like a princess using the facilities sipping some of Sir Jacks Bubbly - could definitely get used to it! Dinner in the Castle was amazing, by far the best hotel restaurant we have had the pleasure of visiting. On the 2nd day we went for an hours hack on horseback which was a wonderful way to see the estate. We also used the hot tub and had some treatments in the Spa. My therapist was Tara and I'd like to give her a special mention. I had a pedicure and hot stone massage and it was fab. In addition she kindly fixed my french polish for me (which I had done before arriving) as I was off ring shopping the following day. That evening in our room a bottle of bubbly was delivered which I am sure was thanks to Tara notifying the Castle staff of our engagement - such a lovely thought and very discreetly done. Proof of the attention to detail of the staff - a credit to the Castle. We also used the private screening room on the 2nd evening which we had to ourselves, lovely comfy recliners to watch your choice of movie on the big screen - great. Overall I would say we had a wonderful romantic visit and will most definitely return. As the castle has no internet or tv it was lovely to completely switch off from the outside world and enjoy the surroundings and each others company to the full without the disturbance of modern day life - a real retreat. As previous posters have said, the castle rooms don't have modern day facilities so if that's not your cup of tea maybe consider the lodge of self catering options instead. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple