“Oh mighty Craic!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glaslough
The Pillar House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Glaslough B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2013

4 women on holiday from the US. If you are anywhere near this place stop in, you won't want to leave! We 4 ladies were staying at the hunting lodge at Castle Leslie and we found this quaint little pub just outside the gates of the Leslie Estate. Once inside we knew we had found our favorite pub of the entire trip. Adrianne was such a great guy! All of the patrons were so friendly, especially Lord Ambledown! Sadly we never got to meet "Turbo Joe" but maybe next time! Also if you are are hungry right next door you can amble on down over the hill for some delicious fare at Lord Ambledowns establishment. If you are up for some mighty Craic, this is where you will find it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lalex207

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Josie & Brendan, the hosts were extremely friendly and made us feel like old friends when we stayed at the pillar house hotel. Room was lovely and had a great sleep. Awoke the next day and had a lovely home cooked breakfast made by Josie and Brendan. All in all, an excellent stay and very please to have met such nice people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Having read one disastrous review of The Pillar House I felt I had to state my experience which was one of real pleasure at the treatment I was given when I stayed there. For the record, I have also stayed at Castle Leslie which is a totally different (and excellent) experience but when I needed to say in the area for three weeks on business chose The Pillar House after a brief visit to the pub on a previous visit.

I was not disappointed! Brendan and Josie were not only welcoming but by the end of my stay I felt almost part of the local Glaslough community. Personal service, helpful answers to every question and other little gestures made my stay both enjoyable and memorable.

This is not a 5 star hotel, it is an Irish Pub B & B but is reasonably priced and felt like a home from home.

If you are looking for a truly relaxed feel for Ireland, I heartily recommend here.

Room Tip: En suite is a must!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Barry L
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've never posted a review to Tripadvisor before, but my unforgettable stay at the Pillar House Hotel has made me change my mind.

Firstly, I am not a hotel snob. I can deal with simple accommodation once it's not dirty. This place is a dirty, unpleasant timewarp, obviously coasting along by scooping up overflow wedding guests from nearby Castle Leslie. I was one of those overflow guests. Please don't make the same mistake as me and stay here.

Walk in the door and you're hit by the whiff of chip fat -- never a good sign. Shared bathrooms (in the hall, two for an entire floor, as far as I can see) had tiles missing, grime everywhere, broken toilet seats and, in the one next to our room, no sink. Bedroom smelled of pee, cobwebs galore, scorched lampshades. Beds were clean, but I decided it was probably best not to look too closely.

Breakfast topped it all off when my father discovered blue mould on the corner of his toast. We had all finished our breakfasts at this stage, making us wonder what we'd just eaten.

All of this for the ridiculous room price of €90.

Avoid.

Room Tip: Good rooms nearby at Castle Leslie, not here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank David S
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed for a wedding at the castle,Josie and her husband met me at the door,they were such a welcoming couple. They showed me to my room which I have to say had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Leaving my belonging in my room, I was leaving to head up to the castle and was pleasantly surprised by josie n her husband, who insisted I wasn't walking and who proceeded to drive me there. In the morning my husband and I had a beautifully cooked breakfast and a lovely conversation wey josie. I found accommodation quaint and traditional and I loved it

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank kbsmet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glaslough
Castle Leslie Estate
#4 of 4 in Monaghan
Tullybryan House B&B
Tullybryan House B&B
#2 of 5 in Monaghan

Been to The Pillar House Hotel? Share your experiences!