Hilton Park Country House
$127
$171
$106
$93
The Valley Hotel(Fivemiletown)(Great Value!)
$107
$100
All reviewsdrawing roomfamily homefour poster bedwalled gardenensuite bathroomdownton abbeyafternoon teapreserveshidden treasurestepping back in timeantique furniturefamily celebrationwonderful hostsirish hospitalitylocal pubtwo nightsmagical place
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Arrived tired, on a wet Saturday evening after a ferry crossing, for our two nights dinner bed and breakfast booking in April.
Sad to find no one at home,locked up, lights off.
After a wait and several phone calls and runs up and down the long drive Mr & Mrs Madden senior arrived home and not knowing anything about our booking with their son, mentioned that the heating had broken so they were surprised that we had arrived.
With no host ( Mr Fred Madden) and no warm accommodation we made a booking elsewhere.

Perhaps it was due to the circumstances but the house and grounds did not look promising that evening. The large port-cochere at the front entrance being blocked with bicycles and plant pot.

I received an abject apology and offer of compensation which was well made, and I do believe this will never happen again at Hilton Park!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank f2s
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had an idea back in June 2012, to have a murder mystery weekend with all the family and some friends around New Years. I had a look online to find somewhere to be our accommodation and setting for the two night event... what I found, I did not in my wildest dreams think I would ever have found, it was perfect for my downton abbey/gosford park 20's era affair. Then I thought that it certainly wouldn't be affordable, but I thought that I would give them a call so I called up Hilton Park and spoke with the LOVELY Fred Madden who talked me through the set up and the costs involved for hiring the whole estate including their quaint gate lodge. I was pleasantly surprised and VERY excited by the prospect of pitching the idea to my family. Of course they all jumped up and down with the idea and so I began the planning and organising of the best New Years weekend ever! no pressure ;-/
Fred was a huge help all the way from organising delicious food and wine Menu's to stocking all our favorite bevies, I had organised the murder mystery side of things so all we had to do was arrive! Nothing was ever too much to ask - despite the fact that there were 20 of us.

As you drive up the absolutely stunning driveway through Hilton Park Estate you cant help but feel you are entering the set of Downton Abbey.. simply breathtaking. The welcome was warm, the afternoon tea waiting for us beside a roaring open fire on a chilly winter afternoon was a delight and our candle-lit supper was DIVINE (Lamb stew and the BEST mash potato around!), a few scoops later and everyone had headed off to bed in their sumptuous rooms nearly all with en-suites.

The next morning we all pottered down for breakfast in the vault/basement (original flagstone flooring and a roaring stove :) ) which was full Irish! much needed and delicious - everyone decided on group activities to which Joanna and Fred were so generous as to give some of us Bikes to go cycling over the gentle hills and slopes on their estate and around the beautiful countryside and others were brought up to some of the most scenic locations for a hill walk with a bit of history by Fred's charming father, Johnny. The rest of the group took the boat and went fishing on one of the estates two fully stocked lakes. Absolute bliss.

We had afternoon tea afterwards in the drawing room to cosy up before all heading up to get in to our fancy dress for our New Years Eve murder mystery party and sumptuous four course dinner! As usual Joanna, Fred and the staff were unbelievably helpful and generous and Fred even supplied his speakers for a good sing of auld lang syne as the clock tolled midnight!

Breakfast next morning was gorgeous again and following a little rest we all went our own ways home.

I can't wait for our next visit and I can't recommend this fine establishment with the equally hospitable and charming Fred & Joanna highly enough!

A trip and New Years to remember!! Thank you Hilton Park!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah-Louise S
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from our second stay in Hilton Park within three months and that is because it is such a pleasure to stay here. Although the grounds and house are lovely it is really the superlative nature if the hospitality that has us going back for more. Also everything is just right even if you are difficult to satisfy ! Food is excellent, diets are catered for, produce is great, bedrooms are comfortable etc.
It is refreshing to go away and come home having spent a few days in complete relaxation without all the little minor upsets that can occur when you are away from home. Really great place.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank sparklehorse11
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I spent one night at Hilton Park and would thoroughly recommend it for a country getaway - it is not cheap but is worth it for a treat. We had a beautiful 4-poster room looking out over the grounds. It had a large bathroom with nice toiletries. There was no shower, just a bath with a shower head. Before dinner we had drinks in the drawing room in front of the fire. I believe that if you get there in the afternoon there is tea and cake in that room but we were a bit late getting there. Dinner was in the dining room overlooking the grounds and lake. The food was delicious and was cooked by the owner Freddy. Following dinner we had tea, coffee and digestifs in the drawing room. The next day we had breakfast in the basement in a lovely room. Breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit, yoghurt, muesli and hot food.
We explored the grounds which are fairly extensive, and were told that we were under no pressure to leave. At all times we were made feel welcome, the whole house had a very relaxed feeling.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MillicentDDublin
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We spent my birthday in Clones at this wonderful place and the result was magical. Now in the hands of the 9th generation original owner, this gem is unique. Beyond the amazing location and accommodations, we ate dinner there both nights. What a treat, some of the best food we ate in Ireland. Several of our party don't like lamb, that is, until they ate the lamb at Hilton Park. The quail salad superb, the steak amazing, and breakfast delicious. Fred and his staff made our stay a unique experience I'll never forget (and may try to repeat someday!)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple