“Irish hospitality at its best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunshaughlin
Kiltale Holiday Homes
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were looking for a easy accommodation near Dublin, but yet on countryside. Booking was easy, and keeping contact with hosts was fast and easy too. After Micheál has picked us up from bus stop, we found nice scones and jam waiting for us in the house. Nice way to welcome us, thanks. House was bigger than I expected, and kitchen especially was great as we prepared our food there every day. Bedrooms were good, and it was so quiet to sleep there. Location was perfect for us, as we wanted to visit Trims castle and Dublin zoo. We had no car, so we used buses to travel around. Best thing was that we could have fresh eggs and milk every morning and kids could feed goats and walk with the animals in the farm. And it was safe to do so adults could have a rest :). Of course Mary and Micheál made the place so easy to stay with their warm and kind hospitality. Most I liked to talk with Micheál about farming and kids could learn some english too, with the nice Irish twist.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Muusihuusi

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in the cottage for 10 days in August 2012. The cottage was a good size and there was ample space inside and out. The welcome we received was fantastic with homemade scones and jam on the table. The farm was fantastic for keeping our son (3 years old) entertained and the twice daily walks around the farm with Michael kept everyone entertained. Our highlights were milking the cow, the goats, feeding the kids, collecting the eggs and feeding the horses. We all had smiles on our faces even in the rain. Another highlight was making butter by hand with Mary and Michael and then eating it! Mary and Michael were fantastic hosts and if you are looking for a different relaxing holiday with children then here is the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sonia C
Reviewed November 12, 2011

6 of us golfing gals went to Ireland for the 2011 Solheim Cup. We stayed in Mary and Michael's "farm house". It was perfect!! Only 10 min. from the golf tournament and 30 min. from Dublin. The house was roomy - we each had our own bed, and a nice big kitchen table to gather round and play games and plan activites for the next day. Mary and Michael were wonderful hosts! They supplied us with home made bread and jams, freah cream and eggs, directed us to restaurants, lined up our driver for us, even took our injured friend to a therapist!!
The golf was to die for - literally!! We played 6 famous courses and the "links" golf brought us to our knees!! Would we do it again?? You bet, in a heart beat!! You will love your Irish vacation too!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Codie P
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Went to Kiltale house in Trim for a weekend visit with friends. And had a great time, the location from dublin is excellent, bus service available too just in front of the house. The rooms n all amenities were excellent. The farm n surrounding area is pretty nice for walks. The owners Mary n Michael are excellent hosts and made us feel homely :) .. Thanks guys!! n Thanks for the bday cake too :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed in the cottage for a week in July, the cottage was great, with ample space for myself, my wife and our 3 children (9,6 & 4). The rooms were comfortable and clean and the space outside for the kids to play in was immense! The kids adored their stay, helping with the animals and all 3 of them loved the camp run everyday from 10am to 1pm (myself and my wife loved these too as we could head off for three hours a day on our own safe in the knowledge that the kids were having a ball and were safe!).
The Lydons are brilliant hosts and made us feel very welcome and they were never too busy to engage with every whim our kids had about the animals.
A true stamp of approval for the holiday was when my daughter of 6 burst into tears not 5 minutes after we left, because she missed the farm and the baby goats! The photos we took of the kids and the animals are still kissed before bed-time 2 months later!
It's hard to believe that only 20 minutes from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, you can arrive in this countryside oasis, 5 minutes from Trim - a truly beautiful place - and close to so many historical sites including the Hills of Tara.
We are booked in for a short stay in the next couple of weeks, to bid farewell to the summer before the school year starts again!
I couldn't recommend Kiltale Holiday Homes highly enough!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This was my second time staying at Kiltale, and it was great! Mary and her family are so wonderful! They treated me just like a family member, and I miss them all already. I always enjoy my time with them, and the farm is just beautiful. One morning, for example, I was sitting by the window having my tea when I heard a sound like thunder. I knew it couldn't be thunder though, since it never storms in Ireland. Just then, a big group of horses ran right past the window. I stood there watching, and it was the most incredible thing I've ever seen! All these horses running past the cabin against the perfect blue sky and green field- a once in a lifetime experience!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank clark1772
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I stayed at Kiltale Holiday Homes for two weeks while attending an archaeological field school. This was my first overseas trip by myself and I felt right at home. I was so sad to leave. The Lydons are amazing! Mary provided us with maps, bus schedules and a list of all the best places to shop. Michael was there in the afternoons when we arrived home and let us get in his way and feed the baby goats.
I stayed in "The Dairy" with two other girls and we had everything we needed. The beds were comfortable and the small kitchen easily accommodated the three of us. There was a nice leather couch and a TV for us to relax in front of, on the rare nights when we weren't out enjoying the farm or at a pub.
This was my second trip to Ireland, my first trip was a cross country trail ride where we stayed at five or six bed and breakfasts and I can honestly say that Kiltale Holiday Homes was my favorite place by far!
I am already dreaming of my next trip to Ireland and I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2010

Been to Kiltale Holiday Homes? Share your experiences!