“Lovely restaurant but the food wasn't great.”

The Forge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Carnaross
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely restaurant but the food wasn't great.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The restaurant was gorgeous, and the staff were amazing. The food was good but not as amazing as everyone had said. Place was clean, and you can't fault them for that at all. The food just wasnt the standard we expected.

Visited April 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“Gorgeous food, but pricey”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Had a dinner here a while back. I would say that this is perfect for a special occasion as it is quite expensive.
The food is fantastic, and it they seem to use a lot of local food suppliers which I really liked. Everything tasted fresh which is probably down to this. This place is hidden away so you probably won't just happen to drive past. It is well worth going out of the way for!

• Visited May 2012
co cavan
“first class”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We brought our teenage children as a treat. All very impressed with the quality of the service and the lovely relaxed atmosphere. Each course was served to everyone at the same time, 3 different options from the early Bird menu for starters, all exceeded our expectations. Beautifully presented main courses were served shortly after the starters were finished (empty plates all round). I regret being unable to review the desserts, of which there were many mouthwatering options, but none of us had any room left. Beautiful venue, excellent service and the early bird menu is great value. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Carole M
Virginia, Co.Cavan
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were there for my brothers graduation, had a room all to ourselves , they looked after us really well and the food was fantastic!

Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Beautiful Restaurant”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I was here last Friday with my mum. I live a few miles away so I have dined here on many occasions. It's always excellent! Both service and food was amazing. We both choose dishes from their very reasonably priced early bird menu. I choose the Brie to start with, I would give this 10 out of 10. Best brie starter I ever tasted. For the main i choose the cod it was delicious too. Excellent restaurant and I would highly recommend to anyone. It's great to have such an amazing spot close to where I live. Well done to all in The Forge! Brilliant as always.