“consistantly good”

Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Eatzen we combine a fresh, sophisticated approach to Asian fine dining with the richness of the classic imperial kitchen. Eating together and enjoying the moment is as important to us as the quality and authenticity of our ingredients.
Ashbourne, Ireland
“consistantly good”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have eaten here numerous times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent & the staff professional and attentive. There is very good value on their early bird menu. The most impressive thing about this restaurant, for me, is that since it opened in 2004 the standards have been maintained at the highest level.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Koibe

Dublin - Ireland
“Nice for romance”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I always go to Eatzen for a romantic night with hubby. The food is lovely, but very small portions. Quite costly too.

• Visited November 2013
5 Thank Kmys10
Meath
“Consistently lovely”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I usually visit here with my sisters when we all home and want a good catch up with nice food at good value (some students in the mix). Every single time it is a great experience. Firstly the food is absolutely delicious. So flavoursome but also simple clean and mostly healthy. We usually go for early bird which is excellently priced to make this a place not just for a splurge on a special occasion. Secondly though it doesn't look much on the outside it is modern and glamorous inside.part if a restaurant is how you feel sitting in it and this is special. They could easily cram in extra tables (as it gets busy here) if the proprietor was greedy but instead he has chosen to allow people space and comfort in which to enjoy their food. I took my husband there last night for the first time-he really wanted to see if it was as good as he's been told l these times.he said it was best Chinese meal he has ever had.the only ethnic restaurant we've been to that's on a par is kinara in ranelagh. Lastly the service is noticeably good. You are led to your table made feel welcome coats taken. Water topped up without asking, foid comes swiftly etc. I really can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. I hope it doesn't lose any of its appeal as ppl get a bit more disposable income as its really a lovely place to go.

• Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Foodwise”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Have been to Eatzen twice in the last month, Food fabulous but not very plentiful, Small portions. Well presented. Staff are nice but the Asian staff seem to be a little aloof. The service is not good - long waits between each course, I enjoy the food - but if you have a big appetite you will be disappointed. It is expensive but food is fresh and the restaurant is very nice also,

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank valerie s
Drogheda
“Could be better at the price”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I asked for a Chinese chicken curry; the girl said that would be fine but what I got was a Thai curry - and I don't like Thai food. My daughter had her favourite dish, Beef in black bean sauce with green peppers. That was Chinese OK, and was fine as was the rice. But if you are hungry, either come with a thick wallet and be prepared to order double of everything, or else go somewhere else as the portions here are rather on the small side and won't satisfy a healthy appetite. Even a tiny portion of rice is a fiver and the quantity is about half of what one normally receives in a Chinese restaurant. Pity really as the decor is great, and I get the impression we are paying more towards the fees of the interior designer than for the food

• Visited November 2013