1,910 results
All reviews tayto park red bar play room swimming pool kids club family hotel dublin zoo family break two double beds changing rooms next morning lovely hotel bar food great facilities leisure facilities would highly recommend this hotel couldn't fault
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed three nights at the Pillo Hotel and Spa and have enjoyed staying here… The service is wonderful, and the staff is very efficient, friendly, and quick with service… I especially liked the bar area with the variety of beers and cocktails that were available… The bar staff was phenomenal… I had a wonderful mixed drink that I don't even know the name of it ,but it was a mango, passionfruit, orange juice combination with several types of spirits and powdered chocolate topping with an orange slice on the side....it is absolutely my favorite drink ever! The food is very good and the desserts are wonderful as well.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Darrell P, Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Hi PatriciaPiscatello,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent stay. I was of course delighted to learn that you absolutely loved your experience with us and I have passed this on to our team who I know will treasure this.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Visited the Pillo with friends last weekend & couldn't fault a thing. Staff were welcoming & friendly. Food was delicious especially breakfast! Room was spacious & very comfortable. Will definitely be back.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Cgmcc,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent stay. The gesture along with the kind comments about our welcoming and friendly staff are all appreciated.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

From the moment we checked in until we checked out, nothing was a hassle to any of the staff including Tanya on reception. The manager Richard Nolan, was very attentive to all of our needs. Our evening meal was included in our package and it was really tasty, clean plates all round! The entertainment in TIME bar was very good and the bar staff were very polite also.The rooms we had were lovely, spacious and spotless, big comendment to all housekeeping staff .Pool area very clean and well kept. We would have no hassle in returning or recommending this hotel, so much so we will definitley be returing in April 2019.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Darrell P, Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Hi Mmcm1981,

The special mention of Tanya and Richard is much appreciated and they will enjoy the fact that everything was such success. We are all looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited the Pillo hotel with the intentions of checking it out as a possible wedding venue for our up and coming nuptials, despite asking a week in advance for a wedding brochure to be left in the room this simple task was not carried out, never the less there was a small card on the coffee table of our room instructing guests to "ask at reception for a wedding brochure" so I did, only to be told I could not be given one as only the wedding co-ordinator has access to them and of course she was not in, with this I felt straight away that they did not really want our custom in the hotel, I could be given no information on wedding details and when I informed the receptionist that I had requested one for the room with my initial booking she all but shrugged her shoulders and told me I could leave my details and the co-ordinator should be able call me.
Dismayed as I was, myself and my partner went on to sample some of the hotels amenities such as their bar to assess service and restaurant to get a feel of what food quality might be like if we were to choose this as our venue.
The bar was spacious and well kept, our bar man 'Coban' was extremely polite and kind, he assisted me in choosing a bottle of wine to my liking and gave a recommendation to my partner as to what he might like as the drink he requested they did not stock. Overall we were quite pleased with the bar in all aspects.
Then there was dinner in the restaurant, basically in the same vacinity as the bar safe a cage type partition so the noise from the bar eradicates any atmosphere one might want for a romantic meal, the menu was well set out however, plenty of choice and well priced. A waitress came over swiftly to take our order but neglected to take a drinks order or offer us water. Our starter came out, well presented and quick, at this point my partner ordered his drink and I asked for water to be brought to the table, his drink arrived but our water was forgotten. Next we were served our mains, I ordered a rare steak and I must admit it was cooked exactly to my liking however my partners 'Angus 8oz' was nothing more than a charred shop bought 1/4 pounder plainly presented on its own on the plate with half a tomato slice and a bit of wilted lettuce. If this was the quality of food and service the resatraunt had to offer it certainly alone would be enough to stop any prospective customers from choosing it as a wedding venue.
After our meal we sat in the bar to sample to entertainment which I must admit was very good, we then retired to our room to assess and review our stay.
On checking out the following day we were not thanked for our custom nor asked how was our stay, the manager stood by reception and did not give us a second glance or even part us with a quick goodbye.
Overall the stay taking into consideration the majority of the service we received was mediocre, we left feeling like we were more of a hassle upon the staff than appreciated guests. I was quite disappointed about this as the hotel itself had such high potential as an amazing venue with its location close to historic landmarks for the perfect photography opportunities. Would not recommend to others.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank caoimheb782

Hi Caoimhe b,

Thank you for taking the time to offer some feedback regarding your recent visit with us. This is a genuine opportunity to evaluate our services and thus improve or chance on same if needed. Rest assured that the feedback has been passed on to the relevant departments for their individual considerations, but should you wish to discuss this further do not hesitate to contact us directly.
If you would like to discuss this further do not hesitate to contact me directly through, andre.konings@pillohotelashbourne.com.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne so that we can improve on your impression of us.
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2018

The Pillo Hotel is new and modern with plenty of space in the car park and reception. The room I had was spacious, clean and comfortable. Bar food and breakfast were good with plenty of choice on offer for the buffet breakfast. The one gripe I have is that the hotel is close to the M2 motorway, so I was woken quite early by the passing traffic. Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel away from the road if staying here.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank conorryan2016
Darrell P, Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Hi Conorryan2016,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent stay. The gesture along with the kind comments about food and breakfast are all appreciated.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.

Guest Relations Manager