“Fantastic family hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ashbourne
Mallow, Ireland
“Fantastic family hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here 3 days ago for one night with four children. Excellent staff and accommodation. My son has special needs and on a special diet. Chef and staff went out of there way to accommodate his dietary needs. Very near Tayto Park. Brillant swimming pool. Will go back again next year.

Room Tip: Stay at room 306 - very spacious for a family and you can open door onto viranda.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased to see that the Chef and our F&B team accommodated your childs requirements. They will be delighted to receive your comments.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Darrell Penney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stayed her last summer and just browsing as I am thinking of rebooking with this hotel. Location is perfect for Tayto park and other attractions. The rooms are a decent size and very clean. The public areas of the hotel are busy but the atmosphere was lovely. The kids were well catered for with a kids club and movie night. The pool area is lovely, Though it was busy around tea time. We left it until after breakfast and it was much quieter. I ate in the bar and the food was adequate. Overall, the staff were friendly and professional and I really could not have asked for more for the price we paid. Hope to visit again very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear cmcn2011,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read through your comments and to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us last year and that you hope to return to the hotel in the future.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

What can I say about this hotel!!? This was the first time we took our 2yr old special needs daughter away for a few days and we were quite nervous about it due to her complex medical needs. However we needn't have worried. We had contacted the hotel prior to our visit 2 explain our situation and advise of some special requirements our daughter had. When we arrived we were greeted by a very bubbly lady called Georgina who instantly made us feel relaxed and spent time ensuring all our special requirements were met. We bumped into her several times during our stay and she always remembered our daughter's name (a small gesture for her which meant a lot to a family like ours). The hotel rooms were spacious and well presented, the facilities in the hotel were excellent but the friendly staff were by far the best thing about this wonderful hotel, an absolute credit. The hotel was very central 2 all the local family attractions and directions were available at the hotel reception. An excellent hotel which we can't wait to return to in the near future :)

Dear EmmaM,

I was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your time at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne. We very much pride ourselves in our customer service & guest care so to hear such high praise is extremely well received indeed - Thank you.

Georgina will be especially pleased with the special mention!

Thank you once again and I very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed in the pillo over the weekend, we got the tayto park & Dublin zoo package. Tayto park is 5 mins up the road. Fantastic hotel for families, there was something different every night for the kids from movies to discos, really relaxed atmosphere and the staff were lovely. Hotel also has a playroom for children and swimming pool which is opened until 8 for kids. Food was amazing in the hotel & the rooms were spotless, could not recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Lucy04x
Dear Lucy04x,

I was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We are delighted to receive such high praise and to receive a 5 star rating!

Many thanks - I do hope to see you again very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We are just back from a two night stay at The Apollo Hotel Ashbourne. We only planned on staying one night, but when we saw how family orientated the hotel was and all the activities it had to offer kids, we decided to stay the second night. Absolutely brilliant hotel, with super friendly staff and fantastic location !! Will definitely be back again :-)

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
Dear Laurs89,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

We are delighted to receive a 5 star rating from you and your family and I am especially pleased to learn that you decided to stay an extra night as you were enjoying your time with us so much.

I do hope to see you and your family again soon!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Spent a couple of nights with the family and got exactly what you would expect from the hotel. Great customer service, friendly staff and very clean. Leisure centre was great for the kids, would definitely be back.

Dear NigelK,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne.
I was delighted to read such wonderful comments and with the 5 star rating.

I was especially pleased to learn that you will definately be back.

Thank you once again.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Pillo hotel. I had my 2 children with me and they had a fantastic time. The room was very spacious and perfect for 2 adults and 2 children. The staff were on hand at all times and were always very pleasant and helpful. There was lots of entertainment for the kids, there was movie night, kids club and a play room on the first floor. We had the "All you can eat" buffet and were not disappointed. The food was absolutely fabulous and my 2 young boys could not believe the selection available. Although the pool and leisure area was great the changing room facilities really lets the hotel down. There is only one family changing room and the rest is open plan. This is definitely not ideal when trying to dry and dress children. I had 2 small boys in a dressing room full of ladies who were themselves trying to get dressed . It was very cramped and very uncomfortable. For such a family friendly hotel I really think that the changing facilities let the hotel down. it will not stop me staying in the Pillo hotel again but the next time I will ensure that my husband brings the boys to get changed with him in the male changing room.

1 Thank penstonm
Dear Penstonm,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was delighted that you and your family had a very enjoyable time during your visit to Ashbourne. I have noted your comments with regard to the changing facilities in our leisure club and I will look at ways which we can address this issue going forward.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Pillo Hotel and Spa Ashbourne in the future.

Darrell Penney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashbourne
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Ashbourne House Hotel
Ashbourne House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ashbourne
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown

Been to Pillo Hotel Ashbourne? Share your experiences!