Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
$124
$113
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel(Swords)(Great Value!)
$98
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,693 results
All reviewstayto parkred barplay roomswimming poolkids clubfamily hoteldublin zoofamily breaktwo double bedsnext morninglovely hotelbar foodgreat facilitiesleisure facilitiescouldn't faultsaturday nightwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed at the pillo on Saturday night. Excellent location to funtasia and the tayto park. Swimming pool is fantastic, we had forgotten our little ones armbands and the young lady at the leisure centre gave us a lend of some. We ate in bar red,the food was delicious and very reasonable! Love the atmosphere in the hotel and bar, very relaxed and child friendly which is very hard to find. Our room was lovely very spacious and a beautiful bathroom. Actually couldn't fault a thing about this hotel and will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ML105
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear ML105,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne.

I was delighted to read how highly you rate the hotel and that you could not fault anything about our product and services. I have passed your wonderful comments onto the management and staff here in Ashbourne.

Thank you once again for the feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back to The hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Nice hotel in a good location 2 mins to town and 20 mins to Dublin. Rooms are big and comfortable with nice air con and good wifi. Bathroom was clean with nice powerful shower and plenty of towels and toiletries. The staff in hotel were very friendly and attentive.Breakfast was ok. The only downside was the bar in hotel which was in need of a revamp, dirty chairs, cushions and carpet, I couldn't bring myself to eat there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear derme13,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have taken on board your comments with regard to the bar furniture. We have identified this area for refurbishment so I assure you the issues here will be addressed.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

had a great stay in this clean and welcoming hotel. a gem in the middle of ashbourne, we have recommended this place to our friends. staff at check in were so helpful and the lesuire centre is spotless. even gave our children water wings to help them out without asking. we will return, well done

Room Tip: everything about this place is at least 4 star
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank phil_lou_12
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Phil_lou_12,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel was recommended to you by an others. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team here in Ashbourne.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Room.... lovely, we had family room with 2 doubles. Nice view. Room can get quite warm even with air conditioning. Top tip if you open your window, the airconditioner doesnt work. 2 pillows per double bed. No complaints but would have been nicer to have a few extra in the wardrobes. Towels were replaced daily and room cleaned. Magnifying mirror needs replaced in room 413 along with the double socket which stopped working during our stay. Only 1 small bedlight worked... the other was dismantled and missing. Not all the buttons work on the tv remote control. The fridge was a bonus for storing snacks. Tip for hotel... provide water for kettle for making tea or a jug if you want to call to bar to get water. Ice machines on 3rd and 5th floors. Went to bar to ask for ice and waiter advised us after giving us some. Guide in rooms should reflect all these. We had to book two separate bookings as we paid for the 3 night famiky package for tayto park, zoo and funtasia.

Location... perfect for tayto park. 5 min drive away. 25 mins for funtasia and zoo. Make sure you have sat nav for zoo. Hotel should have directions preprinted for guests and placed on a table near brochures for guests to lift when required, rather than having to queue and ask. An additional checkin person should be provided for busy times... ie morning and checkouts. Areas in all 3 places for picnics.

Entertainment.... family movie nights at 20.40 and also on Mon/Thurs family disco at 8.30. Can't fault the entertainment provided for kids. Plus it was free. We didn't send our child to the kids club because this was on offer. Kids club includes dinner and is 10euros and is onnfrom 6.30 to 8.30.

Bar food/restaurant... can't comment as we ate out every night. Try cinnamon gardens indian restaurant.... delicious. Also la bucca... beautiful italian. This does takeaways as well and has bogof pizzas mon to thurs and a good kids menu. Also ate in Macaris chippie..they have a seating area to dine in.

Breakfast wasn't great... you had to ask waiters if you wanted fried/poached eggs and beans. my suggestions for breakfast would be to have these eggs and beans on offer like the scrambled eggs that were on self service. Irish cooked breakfasts include soda bread and potato bread which werent on offer. Good selection of cereals. 3 types of pastries. would also make more sense if customers could fill uo their own teapots for tea and coffee. For a four star hotel I think the breakfast needs improved along with 1 or 2 more waiting staff given the fact its peak season with lots of families staying.

Swimming pool.... 10-7 for children, would be more beneficial if pool was opened earlier in morning before breakfast was almost over so guests could get the use of it more. The disabled chair in the pool needs attended to and is quite rusted.

I would recommend hotel for future use. Lovely stay and partner said it was besr sleep he has had. Thanks again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank aoifemce1985

Dear Aoifemce1975,

I was delighted to receive such a detailed review and I note that you stayed for 4 nights so you got to experience the hotel and on site facilities to the full!

I have noted all your comments and suggestions - Thank you. I will be sure to address same at our next Management meeting.

I was delighted to learn that you would return to the hotel again and would recommend to others.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night here after attending a function in the hotel. The rooms are a high standard, with neutral, modern decor. The shower was good and the bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast was very tasty, and well-presented, with a lot choice. In spite of being a large hotel, there is a nice relaxed vibe and the staff are very helpful and friendly.
Too lazy to get up in time to try the pool, but it looked great! Lots of families staying here as a convenient stopover for Tayto Park.
Would stay again, no problem.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Brooke1971,

Thank for for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments and feedback is very welcome indeed and I will be sure to cirsulate to the team.

Thank you once again, I hope to see you back at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne very soon.

Regards,