Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
$124
$113
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel(Swords)(Great Value!)
$98
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,693 results
All reviewstayto parkred barplay roomswimming poolkids clubfamily hoteldublin zoofamily breaktwo double bedsnext morninglovely hotelbar foodgreat facilitiesleisure facilitiescouldn't faultsaturday nightwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have stayed at the pillo hotel now on 6 occasions and can honestly say it has gotten better each time.
So close to local shops and amenities, tesco, McDonald's, dunnes and take aways.
The rooms are really comfortable and luxurious with loads of extras like fridge, iron, iron board and safe.
The hotel services are fantastic and the staff are brilliant, always helpful, friendly and look happy in their work.
We were really happy with the bar service, Jordan was the highlight with his custom cocktails and outstanding service - guy needs a promotion ;)
A definite must visit to anyone in the area!

• Stayed: July 2014
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Billymorrison,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us and that you rated the service in the bar as outstanding.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the management & staff especially Jordan who will be delighted with the feedback.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed here in June with our 3 year old and extended family. Both rooms clean & comfortable. Pool great - baby pool, and lovely hot tub in the main pool. Didn't get a chance to use the sauna or steam room, but they are conveniently beside the pool. The play room is a bit shabby, but my daughter didn't notice and enjoyed playing there! Breakfast good, plenty of choice and replenished regularly. All staff, reception, bar & restaurant friendly & courteous. Ate in restaurant one night and bar the next - food reasonable but not great - the only downside to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear NEC40,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne.

I was delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your time at the hotel. I have noted your comments with regard to the Playroom and the food quality and I will be sure to address with the relevent Heads of Department.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

My three pals and I booked the Pillo hotel in Ashbourne through lidl breaks. We got a deal for 75 euro for 2 nights B & B. A lovely welcome at reception, and we were sent to the fifth floor where we found we had a double bed each in a bright room. Air conditioner worked fine once we closed the window. Telly was on the blink and we had to call for help. The porter fixed it but it went again in the morning. It was of no import as we had speedy enough broadband. I watched a few episodes of Orange is the new Black!

Our rooms were spotless and well appointed. There are extras like a fridge, an ice bucket to be filled at the ice machine, vending machines for midnight munchies! The leisure centre was clean and airy. Again staff couldn't do enough.

I had stayed in this hotel when it was the Marriott and last summer met two friends there for lunch. The bar service was so slow last year that I had no intention of eating in the hotel.

Mostly due to laziness we visited the hotel bar for evening meal after our swim. I had my mind prepared for a long wait ( based on past experience). We were delighted to be served in a timely fashion. I had the barbecue pulled beef sambo. It was so tasty but could have done with more texture. Bar staff extremely friendly!

Highly recommend especially if you can get the lidl break rate.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aranvale

Dear Aranvale,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel & Spa Ashbourne.

I was delighted you and your friends enjoyed your time with us. Also as a returning customer I was pleased that your found some improvements in the bar service following your previous stay.

Apologies about the issue with your TV.

Thank you once again for the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We recently availed of the family package with tayto, zoo and funtasia tickets. This is excellent value for a family of 4, even for us as a family of 3. Hotel nicely situated for all three parks. Rooms large and very clean. Beds very comfy. Bring extra clothes hangers with you as not many. Staff nice, Breakfast was grand but drawback for me was menu selection as no vegetarian dish but 1 salad (with meat) on both the restaurant and red bar menus. A veg stirfry or pasta would suffice so I was dissappointed to be easting mushrooms and salad all weekend. Otherwise hotel is very nice, but if you are vegetarian one is better to go go into Ashbourne for a meal. The kiddies menu was good though. There is a cinema within walking distance and an applegreen service station and shop with deli and subway sandwich bar. If we are travelling to Tatyto Park or Funtasia again which I intend to do, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Triona_7
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Triona_7,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Due to our proximity to Tayto Park, Dublin Zoo & Funtasia our 3 night package remains extremely popular with families.
I have noted your comments with regard to the Vegetarian options and will speak with our Head Chef with regard to increasing the selection and options.

I am delighted to learn you will return to the Pillo Hotel & Spa in Ashbourne & I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Hidden gem of a hotel very clean comfortable and friendly. Great offers in spa and excellent treatments. Great pool facilities. Large bedrooms and very very comfortable beds. We had a great offer which included an evening meal which was a very good selection on menu.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear sunsunsun07,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay on tripadvisor.

I was delighted you enjoyed your time with us & I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel in the near future.