Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
1,693 results
All reviewstayto parkred barplay roomswimming poolkids clubfamily hoteldublin zoofamily breaktwo double bedsnext morninglovely hotelbar foodgreat facilitiesleisure facilitiescouldn't faultsaturday nightwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed November 2, 2013

It not a 4 star but handy for tayto park 2 adults & 2 kids breakfast could be warmer room was ok no wifi in rooms you have to go down to the lobby for wifi would go back price was ok .a couple of guys singing in bar maybe that's why no one in bar

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear fussyone15,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

I was disappointed that you did not feel the hotel offered a 4 star experience. In relation to the Wi-Fi, I must apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have experienced some issues with the bedroom wi-fi recently which has led us to look for an alternative seperate provider of Wi-Fi in the bedrooms.
This particular project will be completed shortly which will rectify any previous issues.

Thank you once again and I do hope to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed in the Pillo Hotel for a night because the hotel and spa was recommended by a friend.
The hotel is suitated a bi out of the town.
We had no issues with the hotel at all, we arrived at 1pm to use the spa and swimming pool excepting not to be able to check in but our room was really and waiting for us which was a bonus. Our package included a 3 course evening meal which was lovely and we had a choice of 4/5 on each course. We all ordered different things and none of us had any problems.
The pool area is really nice but the spa area is fabulous, so relaxing and all the girls looked after us very well and very friendly.
I would recommend the hotel for the spa area alone. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Irishnic1982,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed all aspects of the facilities at the hotel. I was especially pleased to read that you would have no hesitation in returning and that would highly recommend the hotel.
I will ensure your compliments are passed on to all departments especially the Jules Spa.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed at the Pillo on the 19th Oct in a triple room. B&B rate was very reasonable for 3 people and staff were very helpful when I asked for a quiet room in a non smoking area.

There are 3 reception desks which is great as you're not left waiting for any length of time!
Our room was very comfortable and spacious despite it being a triple room. Beds were cosy and even though there was a wedding on, the room was fairly sound-proof (4th floor)
If I was to nitpick there weren't enough towels or toiletries in bathroom but I'm sure this could have been remedied if needed, as none of us used the shower.

We went down for breakfast around 9.50 and noticed a lot of people waiting in the foyer, the reason for this turned out to be that the breakfast room was quite small and with the hotel being large, there was a 15 minute wait for tables. The breakfast itself was quite nice with a selection of the usual cereal and hot Irish breakfast. Again if I were to nitpick we couldn't get the attention of any breakfast staff which meant not having our tea and coffee until after we'd finished our meal, but to be fair, the staff were run off their feet with the amount of people and still managed to smile and say goodbye.

Overall the Pillo is a clean, comfortable hotel with large rooms and very helpful and pleasant staff. They also have great B&B rate, so make sure to check directly with hotel for this!

Room Tip: 4th floor is smoke-free and more quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Angelboo,

Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that your found the hotel clean, comfortable and relaxing. The spacious rooms are a feature of our hotel which makes us very popular for families also. Your comments in relation to the toiletries has been noted - you are also correct in your assumption that there are plenty of extra toiletries available on request however we will ensure we have plenty of same in the rooms with multiple occupancy.

I have also taken on board your comments with regard to breakfast following your experience and observations. I will ensure these are passed onto the food and beverage management team.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pillo Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights October bank holiday weekend. Room was fabulous. Check in very efficient. Only ate in bar but food was lovely. Breakfast very good & a wide choice available. Swimming pool lovely. If I had one compliant it would be that changing rooms felt very cold after leaving the pool area. Also a bit messy at times but this was no fault of the hotel, it was the guests... How anyone thinks it's acceptable to remove a baby's nappy & just throw it in the floor is beyond me. Very much a family hotel which is less than a 10 minute drive to Tayto Park. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear MPHwexford,

Firstly I wish to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

I was obviously delighted to read your comments and to see your 5 out of 5 rating for the hotel - Many thanks. I was especially pleased that you got to sample all the facilities at the hotel including the swimming pool and that your were very happy with your overall experience. In relation to the temperature of the changing rooms, I will speak to the Leisure Club Manager regarding this immediately.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Totally indifferent staff. Long wait for breakfast despite lots of tables available. Shortage of staff to clean the tables or to serve teas and coffees. Breakfast cereal stand was disgusting. Hotel itself was clean and beds very comfy. Lots of children about but there is plenty of room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Happyholiday745,

Thank you for taking thetime to post a review of The Pillo Hotel on tripadvisor.

Obviously I was extremely disappointed that you did not enjoy all aspects of your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, spacious and comfortable. I have noted your comments with regard to breakfast service and I will discuss same with the food and beverage management team.

I do hope this does not deter you from returning to The Pillo Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,