“Nice hotel with a fabulous spa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pillo Hotel Ashbourne

Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ashbourne
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice hotel with a fabulous spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed in the Pillo Hotel for a night because the hotel and spa was recommended by a friend.
The hotel is suitated a bi out of the town.
We had no issues with the hotel at all, we arrived at 1pm to use the spa and swimming pool excepting not to be able to check in but our room was really and waiting for us which was a bonus. Our package included a 3 course evening meal which was lovely and we had a choice of 4/5 on each course. We all ordered different things and none of us had any problems.
The pool area is really nice but the spa area is fabulous, so relaxing and all the girls looked after us very well and very friendly.
I would recommend the hotel for the spa area alone. Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Darrell P, General Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Irishnic1982,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed all aspects of the facilities at the hotel. I was especially pleased to read that you would have no hesitation in returning and that would highly recommend the hotel.
I will ensure your compliments are passed on to all departments especially the Jules Spa.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel in the near future.

Regards,
Darrell Penney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed at the Pillo on the 19th Oct in a triple room. B&B rate was very reasonable for 3 people and staff were very helpful when I asked for a quiet room in a non smoking area.

There are 3 reception desks which is great as you're not left waiting for any length of time!
Our room was very comfortable and spacious despite it being a triple room. Beds were cosy and even though there was a wedding on, the room was fairly sound-proof (4th floor)
If I was to nitpick there weren't enough towels or toiletries in bathroom but I'm sure this could have been remedied if needed, as none of us used the shower.

We went down for breakfast around 9.50 and noticed a lot of people waiting in the foyer, the reason for this turned out to be that the breakfast room was quite small and with the hotel being large, there was a 15 minute wait for tables. The breakfast itself was quite nice with a selection of the usual cereal and hot Irish breakfast. Again if I were to nitpick we couldn't get the attention of any breakfast staff which meant not having our tea and coffee until after we'd finished our meal, but to be fair, the staff were run off their feet with the amount of people and still managed to smile and say goodbye.

Overall the Pillo is a clean, comfortable hotel with large rooms and very helpful and pleasant staff. They also have great B&B rate, so make sure to check directly with hotel for this!

Room Tip: 4th floor is smoke-free and more quiet
Dear Angelboo,

Many thanks for posting a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that your found the hotel clean, comfortable and relaxing. The spacious rooms are a feature of our hotel which makes us very popular for families also. Your comments in relation to the toiletries has been noted - you are also correct in your assumption that there are plenty of extra toiletries available on request however we will ensure we have plenty of same in the rooms with multiple occupancy.

I have also taken on board your comments with regard to breakfast following your experience and observations. I will ensure these are passed onto the food and beverage management team.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pillo Hotel in the near future.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights October bank holiday weekend. Room was fabulous. Check in very efficient. Only ate in bar but food was lovely. Breakfast very good & a wide choice available. Swimming pool lovely. If I had one compliant it would be that changing rooms felt very cold after leaving the pool area. Also a bit messy at times but this was no fault of the hotel, it was the guests... How anyone thinks it's acceptable to remove a baby's nappy & just throw it in the floor is beyond me. Very much a family hotel which is less than a 10 minute drive to Tayto Park. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear MPHwexford,

Firstly I wish to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on trip advisor.

I was obviously delighted to read your comments and to see your 5 out of 5 rating for the hotel - Many thanks. I was especially pleased that you got to sample all the facilities at the hotel including the swimming pool and that your were very happy with your overall experience. In relation to the temperature of the changing rooms, I will speak to the Leisure Club Manager regarding this immediately.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Pillo Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Totally indifferent staff. Long wait for breakfast despite lots of tables available. Shortage of staff to clean the tables or to serve teas and coffees. Breakfast cereal stand was disgusting. Hotel itself was clean and beds very comfy. Lots of children about but there is plenty of room.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Happyholiday745,

Thank you for taking thetime to post a review of The Pillo Hotel on tripadvisor.

Obviously I was extremely disappointed that you did not enjoy all aspects of your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, spacious and comfortable. I have noted your comments with regard to breakfast service and I will discuss same with the food and beverage management team.

I do hope this does not deter you from returning to The Pillo Hotel in the future.

Clara, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here on a trip to Tayto Park.The staff were very friendly.The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The kids club was great with a movie night included. If you're taking the family on a trip to Tayto Park, you won't do better than this hotel. I'll definitely be going back.

Dear Brianmac25,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel.

We certainly have becme a very popular hotel for families large and small so I am especially pleased that your children enjoyed the kids club, movie night and the neighbouring Tayto Park.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Pillo Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel happily ticks all the boxes. Had a different hotel booked, one that I always use, clean reliable etc. but with bringing the kids on the mid term break it was a bit on the dear side. When I found the Pillo hotel I was a bit worried because of the unknown but it I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly was the entertainment organised for the kids was well thought out and a large function room was set aside for a kids disco, arts&crafts and finally a cinema sized movie viewing. With all of this, I am happy to say there was no compromise on standards. For less than €100/night we got a large family room with 2 large double beds with all the latest mod cons and high standard of finishings. Very modern trendy bar and restaurants serving beautiful food and drink with a spacious family friendly lobby for the kids to wander. A huge pool and modern gym to top it all off. Definitely making a return visit.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Deltaromeo82,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and 5 out of 5 rating.

I was delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay at The Pillo Hotel. I was especially pleased that your children enjoyed the kids club and activities as well as the pool facilities. We have received exceptional feedback from numerous familes who very much enjoyed their time at our hotel. Be sure to keep an eye on our website for all of our family offers and packages.

Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We recently spent one night's B&B at the Pillo Hotel, whilst attending a wedding in the area. My overall reaction was that I wished I was staying longer! The staff were all extremely friendly & helpful; the check-in and check-out was very fast & efficient; the room was huge, spotless and well-equipped; and the breakfast was delicious. But the absolute best thing about the Pillo Hotel was the bed! I had the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel (and possibly ever!). The kingsize bed was really high, which I love, and unbelievably comfortable - mainly thanks to a lovely thick & soft mattress topper. The pillows were lovely & soft too. I just didn't want to leave!
I would highly recommend this hotel, and can't wait for a reason to return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JeanO,

Many thanks for such a wonderful review on tripadvisor!
I took great pleasure in reading all of your comments and I will ensure they are passed on to the Management & Staff here at The Pillo Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Darrell Penney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashbourne
Ashbourne Court Hotel
Ashbourne House Hotel
Ashbourne House Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ashbourne
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown

Been to Pillo Hotel Ashbourne? Share your experiences!