“Average every time”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Been to this restaurant many times before and have had different experiences each time, its a bit like catching them on a good day or a bad day there is no way to tell how your visit will go. I can safely say the steak options in my experience there are not good, as an Italian restaurant your better off sticking to Italian choices from the menu as each time we got the steak it was like leather, not the best cuts and you would need a teeth like a mincer to chew it, but its not all bad, generally if your looking for just lunch or a quick dinner before going out on the town you will get it here at a reasonable price from one of their saver and early bird menus, with friendly enough service staff. We had the Italian meatballs for starters which were very nice, all the chicken options on the menu all of which I had at some stage were ok but the presentation is a little rough and could be improved a bit. In closing I use this restaurant maybe twice a month for a meal that's one step up from a diner, you get what you pay for, and if your just planning having something quick its ideal but anything else here is a compromise...

There are newer reviews for San Siro

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

When we asked the waitress can we get the ceaser salad without croutons as were celiacs, she responded "I don't think so". That is not an answer. She had zero knowledge of wines. Not even the basics. I asked for my steak medium-raw, it arrived well done. Water marks on all the glasses. Finally, I choose my meal from a 3 course menu special. As I never specified to the waitress during the initial order that I wanted my coffee as my 3rd course. I was advised I couldn't avail of it. It doesn't cost anything to smile, but this time it cost them my tip.

1  Thank Niall M
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great Italian food, Italian staff serve and cook the food. Very friendly staff and great atmosphere. Always busy when I go in here which is good to see

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The staff are nice, the restaurant decor is ok, the food is not that good. No Vegan options. Vegetarian options are not great. We waited a bit too long for our meal, so not so good if you are in a hurry. My carnivore friends do not like the steak or chicken they serve.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great value menu here, and always friendly staff. Never seems to be busy and there is a high customer turnover which seems a bit contradictory as an empty restaurant can put some people off, but it makes a change when quick service is being noted as a negative. I'd definitely recommend here.