“I never complain but sweet Devine!!”
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
Ranked #27 of 35 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I work in the restaurant industry and never complain but this place was ridiculous. The only good point was the lady waitress in the blue shirt who was very friendly. We were recommended this restaurant by a local, we went in the place was empty but yet the tables were dirty. We got a jug of orange that was the dirtiest thing I'd ever seen, it's impossible for staff to not see this (it was that bad it had a clump of milk stuck to the inside). I ordered battered Cod and my husband asked me did it come with a cream sauce?? Noo this was the uncooked batter that spilled out when I cut into it. I was so disappointed. The poor owner has a bar/restaurant that has so much potential and his staff and management are running it into the ground.

There are newer reviews for The Living Room

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Recently visited this place with my friend and my brother and I have to say that the dj who thinks can.play actually he cannot. At all.

3  Thank Uriel Iteniel G... H
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We just sort of happened on this place, as we were hungry and the "sandwich board" looked great. The bar food menu was quite nice, but the service left so much to be desired! We had to locate and track down menus, find a server, wait interminably for someone to take our order (after walking around and saying "we'd like to order now"), The place was empty............1 other party of 2 so the lack of service was appalling. The food was very average, the 14 oz rib-eye very overcooked for a "Medium". Had to chase down a server to get the check.........he served another table twice before coming back to us, as well as having a long chat with one of his mates. I'm really disappointed as we had really great hopes for this place.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Okay but some cheap ingredients - eating at knee high tables and self service was not good. Seemed to be standard practice.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stopped for lunch when passing through Ashbourne recently and met the manager Micheal Monaghan who greeted us with a warm and friendly handshake. Staff were pleasant and efficient and lunch was tasty and great value. Good sized crowd but not noisy and sussoundings were bright and modern. Hotel has been refurbished and is popular @ Micheal. Will certainly be back when next in Ashbourne. Busy shopping town.

2  Thank RetireeOldcastle