“Brilliant recommendation”

Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With old world character and charm combined with a modern and relaxed ambiance, we take pride in offering our patrons a relaxed and delicious dining experience which The Snailbox is renowned for. Having won the "Best Welcome & Customer Service Award" in 2010, we have built our reputation through our friendly and efficient service accompanied by the finest & freshest ingredients prepared by our Head Chef Monica and her team. Monica has now introduced her own range of Snailbox gourmet breads, and signature Snailbox desserts that are being served daily in our restaurant. Our menu philosophy is simple; fresh, tasty, home-made and locally sourced ingredients served to you with a smile. Click below to view any of our mouth-watering menus.
“Brilliant recommendation”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Had well deserved and earned dinner with my family at the snailbox. We had been on our camping holiday up in NI for a wk and warm meal was on the cards
Fab place to go for food, brilliant service and relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you retrovan.ie for the recommendation.

Will be seeing u real soon...

“Yum yum”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I came across this delightful little gem last year and I have tried the menu in full I can say ooooh ahh I'm full :-) great place great owners great food.
Thanks to all staff.

• Visited August 2014
“Great food”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Family visit we all had the burger. Burger with chips 17 euro. ( bit dear) Amazing feed. Kids meal was cheap and includes drink and ice cream which was massive with all the toppings.
Handy to Tayto park and homely wee spot. Give it a go.

Dublin, Ireland
“Average pub grub”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is a nice pub with plenty of character but overpriced for the average food. Frozen chips and burgers that have been bought, not prepared. I had the burger with bacon. It was a strip of streaky bacon which was more fat than meat and made the burger a chore to eat, trying as I was, to avoid the stringy pieces of fat. This food is just cheap ingredients combined to fit a description on the menu. No thought, skill or care were involved in making this meal.The cost to buy the same standard ingredients in a supermarket would be €2-3, they charged €16.95. I will never eat here again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jean-Christophe1_22
“Highly recommended!! ”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Over the last few months, I have become a regular to the Snail Box. The food is extremely tastey and I have now being there quite a few times and can honestly say I never once had a bad meal!! I have tried a number of options on there menu and each of them has being top notch! The service and staff in the resteraunt are extremely helpful and friendly which creates and provides a very welcoming atmosphere.
The snail box is well situated just of the main road just a bit outside north side of Ashbourne town and has plenty of space for parking.
I honestly can highly recommend this place to anyone who hasn't tried it and I have already adviced a number of family and friends to go there from my past good experiences. Keep up the good work Snail Box!