“Great food, nice accomadation”
Review of The Snailbox

The Snailbox
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Ashbourne
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With old world character and charm combined with a modern and relaxed ambiance, we take pride in offering our patrons a relaxed and delicious dining experience which The Snailbox is renowned for. Having won the "Best Welcome & Customer Service Award" in 2010, we have built our reputation through our friendly and efficient service accompanied by the finest & freshest ingredients prepared by our Head Chef Monica and her team. Monica has now introduced her own range of Snailbox gourmet breads, and signature Snailbox desserts that are being served daily in our restaurant. Our menu philosophy is simple; fresh, tasty, home-made and locally sourced ingredients served to you with a smile. Click below to view any of our mouth-watering menus.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here recently while attending a function nearby.
Just 100 yards back off the N2 between Ashbourne & Slane.

It's a pub/restaurant with some rooms (9 I think) available around the back. Ours was very nice, had our own door off the car park so no disturbing anyone when you're back late at night. Very spacious and for once a shower that was warm & powerful.

Also ate lunch & breakfast there and the food was very good. Well prepared & presented and good portions. Breakfast was great value when included in the room rate.

Staff were good, always seemed to be plenty of them too, even on a Monday in October.

The pub itself has the unusual feature of the entire ceiling being covered in baseball hats from all around the world. Weird but Interesting.

1  Thank larmarIreland
There are newer reviews for The Snailbox

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

On route home from Dublin we dropped into the Snailbox for our first time. It was extremely good! My other half started off with the Prawns Pil Pil they were good value and tasty, I chose not to have a starter. I had a couple glasses of their Pinot Grigio which was fab. For my main course I ordered the Battered Jumbo Scampi this was €19.95 but well worth it. The prawns were huge and so fresh n tasty. My partner ordered the Thai chicken it was delicious too. The waiting staff were so nice and friendly. The atmosphere was lovely, we will definitely return!! Great spot with fantastic food and I highly recommend.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

On the N2. Good food was served efficiently by helpful staff and at a reasonable price. The decor (hundreds of baseball caps pinned to the cieling) didn't really do it for me.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently was in Ashbourne and stopped in here.
Food was lovely and good quick service.
I would reccommend anyone to go to the Snailbox.
I especially loved the collection of caps on the ceiling!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great place to park and eat on N2. Lovely view over countryside from large windows if you have a window seat. Good choice of food and same menu can be order from bar.