“Lovely Break”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
N.Ireland
“Lovely Break”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three days and found it to be an excellent base to explore the area. Breakfast was great and we had a lovely dinner in the bar/grill one night. We'll worth a visit or stay if you are in the area.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gav353530
JohnFlannery, General Manager at The Killeshin Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our centrally based location. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

John Flannery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We had been to Kerry and on our way home stopped off at the Killeshin Hotel Portlaoise. We were checked in very efficiently and courteously by the receptionist and found our room to be extremely comfortable with lovely cosy bath robes. We had a fabulous meal in the restaurant that evening and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to one and all and hopefully we will be visiting again soon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JohnFlannery, General Manager at The Killeshin Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Killeshin. We pride ourselves on giving the road weary traveller a warm welcome. We look forward to having you back again with us soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Spent two nights here for a wedding great hotel we didn't need to go anywhere else for food it was a very nice stay,staff accommodating and breakfast v nice,would recommend this hotel for all group types,v child friendly

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for my friends wedding! Everything was fabulous. wedding reception food was lovely. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. The only criticism was no plugs beside the beds and the bath towels were very small, minor detail but pretty standard everywhere these days! I would definitely stay again if I was in the area.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review, the team are always delighted to know their efforts are appreciated. We have a huge focus on customer service and endevour to deliver the highest possible service. I have relayed your comments regarding towels and sockets to the housekeeping department.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights in August. On arrival the staff at reception were very friendly and welcoming. Room was lovely, spacious and had a very comfortable bed. Bathroom was very clean and tidy. We used the leisure facilities and no complaints, everything was very good. We had breakfast both mornings and food was very tasty an staff very friendly, particularly Sarah and Ciara. Only slight complaint was the staff in the bar. They didn seem to want to be there and when my partner returned a dirty glass she was told it was clean even though you could see the streaks on the glass. Overall very happy with the hotel and would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we are delighted you had a pleasant stay. I have noted your comments regarding the bar staff and will take appropriate action. Thank you again.

ENNIS
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Firstly on a positive note this hotel does look modern / slick and reception looks class however the food lets it down Having stopped off at this hotel for a quick bite to eat I was disappointed at the quality of the food . We arrived as a large function was being seated and the bar was in a mess... no problem and the staff cleared and tidied up in a quick manner. we were presented with menus and for bar food it is very limited ... I counted 6* main course ... as I have a severe diet issues none of the mains appealed to me .. What did appeal was spaghetti bolognaise on the children’s menu. I asked the server would she mind doing up an adult portion and charging according straight off I got NO and I quote " the chefs won’t do they will be war in the kitchen "
In my mind there is no difference in cooking a little more noodles and mince but there was not even an attempt to organise for me... in this day and age where the customer is king there is shocking to say the least ... when our food did arrive it was average to poor at best , luke warm and unappealing . The hotel does have a lot going for it and does look a good solid 4 star property however if they could just sort out food there would be on a winner

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of the hotel. Your comments about the bar service and limited menu have been discussed in detail at today’s weekly management meeting and I can only apologise for the lack of suitable dishes for your dietary requirements. I have instructed bar staff to offer all guests the opportunity if required the children’s menu at adults portions.
Once again thank you for your lovely comments.
Yours Sincerely
Portarlington, Ireland
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Recently my Husband and I renewed our wedding vows and had an Hawaiian style party at the Killeshin Hotel in Portlaoise. My family from the Uk stayed as we did at the hotel. The staff treated us with such kindness and respect. The food is amazing. I have no problem recommending this hotel the standard of the rooms are first class. Cannot wait to stay again and either can my family.
I recommend a visit,

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious and are so clean