“Great Spot for Meetings”
Review of O'Loughlins Hotel

and 1 more site!
O'Loughlins Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great Spot for Meetings”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I regularly use this hotel for meetings. It is centrally located in the centre of Portlaoise. It has a large car park at the rear of the building. The food is always fab, especially the breakfast for my early morning meetings. On a cold winter day the fire at the front of the hotel is always a special treat. The staff are always very friendly and are always on hand to help me out. WIFI is decent as well which is essential for me meetings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eConcepts-Kieran
ivoroloughlin, Owner at O'Loughlins Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear eConcepts-Kieran,

Thank you kindly for your recent review. I'm delighted that you find our hotel a good place to hold meetings. We have invested a lot in out Wifi system as we are fully aware of its importance nowadays. Our open fire is a long time favourite of our customers especially on cold mornings as you pointed out. I hope you will continue to use us as a venue for you meeting s and I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Ivor O'Loughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed April 15, 2013

O' Loughlins Hotel highly is in a fantastic central location in Portlaoise town. It has great accommodation and the food and service are second to none. We couldn’t recommend Ivor and his staff highly enough for the warm welcome you get to the hotel, how well you are looked after and the fantastic locally sourced food that they provide.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AdamJake
Dear adamandjake,

Thank you for recent kind words. It is always nice to hear positive feedback. As mentioned in previous responses the sourcing of our food is very important to us and we go to great lengths to support local producers. As we are a small family run hotel in direct competition with larger bank owned hotels, our quality and service is what we rely on.
Hopefully we will have to pleasure of company again soon. Until then, thank you for taking the time to review our business.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

O'Loughlins Hotel is a little gem situated in the heart of Portlaoise town.
Family run and with a friendly and welcoming staff you would be hard pressed to find such a warm atmosphere elsewhere.
Their food is fantastic,presented beautifully and also keenly priced.
There is a great selection on their menus and their nightly Early Bird offers are great value.
If you are planning a night out for 2 or a feast for several I would highly recommend O'Loughlins .... you can even boogie the night away afterwards if you head there at the weekend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear L_Moore_CTec,

I would like to thank you for your recent review, I was delighted to read it. Our food is a very important part of our business and we strive to provide high quality locally sourced food at reasonable prices. Our early bird menu has been very popular with our customers for that reason.
I was also thrilled to hear that you were impressed with our staff and the service they provide. As we are a family run hotel, it is very important to us that our customer service is excellent.
Again, I would like to thank you for your kind words and hope to see you in with us again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed for one night on Saturday 6th April.

I highly recommend O'Loughlins. Check-in was quick and easy with all staff from the receptionist to the barman and even the security guys on the night club (free admission for residents) being very helpful.

It's in a good location too - pretty much dead center of town, with good parking out the back. I managed to get a parking ticket for pulling up briefly in a handicap spot outside the hotel though! :-( No fault of the hotel, but I thought the garda might have been a bit more understanding at 10:30 on a Sunday morning - especially as there are two of these spaces and no sign of anyone needing them for the few minutes I occupied one.

Next time I am in Portlaoise I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Graham Nolan,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are a family run hotel and take pride in the service we provide to all our customers. I was thrilled to see that you had and enjoyable experience with us and do hope to see you with us again the next time you are in Portlaoise.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I'm an electrician from Dublin and was working in Port Laoise area recently. I stayed two nights in this hotel. Its a nice homely hotel.The service was good the food was excellent and staff were pleasant friendly and helpful to me during my stay. I would like to thank the staff of O'Loughlins for making my stay a pleasant experience.....Robbie

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert D
ivoroloughlin, Owner at O'Loughlins Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Robbie,

Thank you kindly for your positive review. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that the service was good. We pride ourselves on our customer service.

I hope to see you with us again in the future.

Ireland
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Myself my husband and newborn stopped at this hotel on Monday evening to have something to eat after having a bad experience of trying to get food elsewhere in the town. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The gentleman who appeared to be the manager/ owner had excellent customer skills. The menu has a great selection. Service was prompt. The food was delicious. I don't leave recommendations that often but I felt I had to about this hotel. Excellent...well worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear pinky&brain,

Many thanks for your recent kind review of our business. I remember your visit with your lovely new baby. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the service and quality of food you received here. As a small family run hotel competing against NAMA owned and operated hotels, your review means a lot to us. We are proud of our little hotel and we look forward to seeing you soon.

The very best of luck with the new arrival, I hope you are getting plenty of sleep!!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I just spent New Year's Eve here with my girlfriend.
The hotel is perfect for a little night/weekend away.
Top staff top bed and most of all top food and drinks.
It's a family owned hotel and the owners could not be more accommodating in any wish you may have.
Exceedingly friendly and professional
Great late check out if you ask nicely as well

Room Tip: Be nice to Ivor he will sort you out!!