O'Loughlin's Hotel
Hotels.com
$159
$154
Hotels.com
Clanard Court Hotel(Athy)(Great Value!)
$91
$82
TripAdvisor
Roundwood House(Mountrath)
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewshomely feelstayed herecheerful placesecure parkingone way systemtwin room was spacioushomemade chipscentrally located hotelbreakfast is servedserve foodwill stay there againlunch menulovely atmosphereelectric picniccentre of townfriendly hotelwould recommend this hotel to anyone
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed for one night on Saturday 6th April.

I highly recommend O'Loughlins. Check-in was quick and easy with all staff from the receptionist to the barman and even the security guys on the night club (free admission for residents) being very helpful.

It's in a good location too - pretty much dead center of town, with good parking out the back. I managed to get a parking ticket for pulling up briefly in a handicap spot outside the hotel though! :-( No fault of the hotel, but I thought the garda might have been a bit more understanding at 10:30 on a Sunday morning - especially as there are two of these spaces and no sign of anyone needing them for the few minutes I occupied one.

Next time I am in Portlaoise I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
ivoroloughlin, Owner at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Graham Nolan,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are a family run hotel and take pride in the service we provide to all our customers. I was thrilled to see that you had and enjoyable experience with us and do hope to see you with us again the next time you are in Portlaoise.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I'm an electrician from Dublin and was working in Port Laoise area recently. I stayed two nights in this hotel. Its a nice homely hotel.The service was good the food was excellent and staff were pleasant friendly and helpful to me during my stay. I would like to thank the staff of O'Loughlins for making my stay a pleasant experience.....Robbie

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert D
ivoroloughlin, Owner at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Robbie,

Thank you kindly for your positive review. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that the service was good. We pride ourselves on our customer service.

I hope to see you with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Myself my husband and newborn stopped at this hotel on Monday evening to have something to eat after having a bad experience of trying to get food elsewhere in the town. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The gentleman who appeared to be the manager/ owner had excellent customer skills. The menu has a great selection. Service was prompt. The food was delicious. I don't leave recommendations that often but I felt I had to about this hotel. Excellent...well worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear pinky&brain,

Many thanks for your recent kind review of our business. I remember your visit with your lovely new baby. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the service and quality of food you received here. As a small family run hotel competing against NAMA owned and operated hotels, your review means a lot to us. We are proud of our little hotel and we look forward to seeing you soon.

The very best of luck with the new arrival, I hope you are getting plenty of sleep!!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I just spent New Year's Eve here with my girlfriend.
The hotel is perfect for a little night/weekend away.
Top staff top bed and most of all top food and drinks.
It's a family owned hotel and the owners could not be more accommodating in any wish you may have.
Exceedingly friendly and professional
Great late check out if you ask nicely as well

Room Tip: Be nice to Ivor he will sort you out!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ivoroloughlin, Owner at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Ray R,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I was thrilled to read that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us. We all had a great New Years Eve this year, glad you enjoyed it!! We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Went for dinner here recently with my boyfriend. Place was cosy, food was gorgeous and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Stayed on after dinner for a couple of drinks. Nice warm friendly spot!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MissTerie_12,

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and would hope to see you here again soon. Every positive review helps to sustain up to 50 jobs. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Kindest regards,