“Worst dining experience ever”
Review of O'Gormans

O'Gormans
Ranked #14 of 56 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Cuisines: Irish, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the sea bass and my mother ordered the cod. To say we were both bitterly disappointed would be the understatement of the year. My fish was over cooked, tasteless and of a rubber texture; the potatoes were uneatable and the side of veg was mush. The cod was served on a plate that seemed to have a pool of water on it. Both plates of food were untouched as the food could only be described as "disgusting". The staff however are very friendly and the atmosphere is lovely. I really think they need a new chef as the standard of food was a lot higher before. That's the last time ill eat there again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Thai food can't reccommend the Thai menu more. The staff are always lovely and very helpful. Excellent athmosphere. My favourite restaurant in Laois

1  Thank sashafierce87
Reviewed April 10, 2013

O'Gormans is always a reliable place to go to if you are looking for a tasty pub meal and you want to have a good variety of choice from the menu.
You will always get good bang for your buck and good service here.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

recently myself and my husband had an evening meal at o gormans.While it was busy on the night the service was good.I ordered a sizzling beef. When it arrived it didnt sizzle on the hot plate as it should. The flavour was not good and the meat in it tasted like boiled beef. I was very dissapointed with it and was trying to get the attention of the waitress but they were very busy.So i resorted to leaving it there and paying. I mentioned it while paying and was told the manager would ring me about it.Much to my disappoinment he didnt, I havent been in there since and dont think i will be either. We did have some nice meals their before but its not consistant there and the fact i never even got a phone call about the conplaint annoys me.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love love love O'Gormans!! They have great food and service with a smile. My friends and I love it and between us all, we must be in it once a week!

There is a great varied menu from light starters to Thai to proper Irish pub grub with pan gravy like your mother makes. There is also a loyalty card which gives you discounts off your bill and are well worth it.

I usually order the cajun chicken and it never fails to impress. It comes mild or spicy and both are very good. I've also ordered the Chicken Milano, which although very cheesy is also very nice. The omelettes are very good and they never scrimp with the filling. The only downside is that they took mozzerella sticks off the menu (naughty, tut tut!) and I miss the chunky chips they used to have a few months ago.

There is a separate restaurant area or you can eat in the bar. The bar has plenty of screens and different sections so you can choose a quiet spot or take the family to a big area either.

The decor is good and has a warm feel to it. There is always a good atmosphere in O'Gormans and its a great spot to visit.

1  Thank Philthyfitz