“What A Wait!”

Cuisines: Irish, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

On Saturday Feb 16th 17 members of our family all decided to have a meal in O Gormans after attend our Motheres Anniversary Mass. A table had been booked for about 20 for 7.45 p.m. . We arrived a little early, it was not ready for us but we did not mind waiting and were eventually seated around between 7.45 and 8.00 p.m. at 5 different tables close together, which was fine. Our orders were promptly taken. Some ordered Starters which arrived within a half an hour. The main courses for the first table arrived at 9.15. They were finished when the meals for the second table arrived at around 9.30. I was at the last table to be served and my meal arrived at 9.45. A solid two hour wait. I did not have a starter. I have never waited so long for a meal in a restaurant in my life and I certainly will never do so again. Had we not been engaged in conversation with family members that we had not met for a long time I would have and should have walked out. In fairness my food was good but two members ordered Caeser Salad and could not eat the chicken which seemed to have been highly processed as opposed to a nice fresh chicken breast. My husbands meal was supposed to have chips served with it but they never arrived. This unreasonable delay ruined what was potentially a very pleaseant evening due to everyone getting irritated having to wait so long to be served.

1  Thank angelageoghegan

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Not easy to find off the main street and behind a shopping centre in a housing estate this friendly and often very busy pub is a bit of a revelation. Admittedly I visited on a cold , grey weekday in February but once inside the welcome and friendly atmosphere took over. The staff are very nice, even Donal the hard working owner has been known to smile occasionally! Just passing through so I just had the carvery lunch which featured Chicken Maryland that day. So chicken it was accompanied by garlic potatoes and cabbage. Grand wholesome food, well cooked, tasty and served with a smile. What more could you ask for in this day and age. Well believe it or not those simple things are in quite short supply in Ireland and proprietors who take the trouble to look after customers and provide them will reap the benefits. This is obviously the case in O'Gormans as the place soon filled up and customers filled up equally quickly! Well done Donal, keep up the good work.