“Best Indian in Portlaoise”

Mayur Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Food was excellent they have a early bird menu for 20 euros pp, if you require something that is not on the menu they will make it for you for an extra euro, brilliant staff very friendly and willing to please, we will be back.

2  Thank Mckinneybelfast

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The people of Portlaoise are very lucky to have an Indian restaurant as good as this. I've stayed in many cities that do not have such a good Indian restaurant. To me the real test is the quality of the meat which was really tender and backed up by superb spicy flavours. Well worth a visit!

2  Thank Gary D
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I used this restaurant recently and thought the food was great. I think the portions are on the small side but realy tasty.

1  Thank Brónagh S
Reviewed April 6, 2013

my husband and I decided to order a takeaway for the first time here this evening, and it was excellent. We had the veg samosas, chicken tikka, chicken pakora and salmon. This was accompanied by numerous dips, chips, and poppadoms. Very friendly staff, and warm and cosy ambience. Cant wait to try a sit down here Excellent!!!!

4  Thank stecra
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Love the food here. Each time I go I order a different menu item, not having a clue most of the time, and i have never been disappointed, each meal seems nicer than the last. If you are an Indian novice do not be afraid to experiment with thier menu. My husband is not usually the adventurous type, except when it comes to Mayur. My only issue is that it can be quite expensive (for my budget anyhow) but they have 3 course menu for €20 with enough choice to make it well worth while. Wins hands down as the top Indian restaurant in Portlaoise. A takeaway from here is a real treat too, The set dinner A for 2 people is amazing and would easily feed 3.

1  Thank Hetfield79