“Great home cooked food at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Relish Brasserie

Relish Brasserie
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Casual dining at it's best!DescriptionRelish strives to be the leading casual dining restaurant in Laois. This will be achieved through good value, great tasting food, impeccable service and a warm atmosphere. At Relish you may enjoy your meal in our modern upstairs restaurant or downstairs in Delaneys bar.
“Great home cooked food at a good price”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Walked into this restaurant with my wife and 2 kids on spec tues 13/8/13 at around 7.45 pm seemed a very cosy place but unfortunately was booked out.
Helpfull waitress told us we could go into the bar downstairs and we would be served from the relish brasserie kitchen there same menu too.
Food was excellent and a great choice of menu for the adults and kids

Hi
Many thanks for your recent review. Delighted to hear you were happy with the food and service. I will certainly make sure to pass on your comments to the staff. Hope to see you all again soon.
kind regards

Laois
“Great little spot!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Have been here twice and have next visit already booked, really looking forward to it! Great little spot, food fab, great choice on menu. Service is excellent and staff are very friendly and helpful. Desserts are scrumptious, Death by Chocolate is heaven on a plate. Great value 50% off on Monday evenings. Would highly recommend it

Hi
Many thanks for your recent review. Delighted you're enjoying the food so much to keep coming back. I have to agree, Death by Chocolate is pretty amazing! Hope to see you again soon.
“Just ok.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I heard lots about this place so I went here last week, was pretty busy but only one poor girl was serving. Wasn't very fair on her. I had mushrooms for starter would have been better if she hasn't of said "sorry, the chef said have them people not eaten that yet? No sure I haven't brought it to them yet" ha, the bruschetta lacked any tomato! The main was great, big massive burger thoroughly enjoyed it, partner had pork belly which was tasty too. I agree with other review about the eaton mess, it's not amazing. Meringue nests broke up and smashed into a bowl. Not bad value and 50% off on Monday is good. I'll return and give it another go, maybe on a Monday and a few more staff mightn't go astray. Cheers.

Hi there
Many thanks for your recent review. It's a shame you weren't totally satisfied with your visit.
In terms of staffing, we would ordinarily have 2/3 waiting staff on during busier periods. Of course it can happen that it gets unexpectedly busy in which case I generally go in and assist myself but that's not always possible. We have had a couple of rare occasions where illness etc have affected staff numbers also but ordinarily there would be more waiting staff on duty.
I'm not totally clear on what the comment from the waitress was, I presume she was making a joke, I will have to enquire on that one.
The bruschetta description per the menu is "4 Cheese Bruschetta, toasted bread topped with relish, cheddar, feta, goats cheese and mozzarella". It's unfortunate that it is not what you wanted but it is clear per the menu what should be expected.
Delighted you enjoyed the mains and that you were happy with the price. We certainly feel our prices are extremely reasonable.
I will discuss the comments re Eaton Mess with the kitchen, though we have already made some changes with regard to how this is prepared.
Hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
“Great new Restaurant”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I went to Relish on Main Street Portlaoise this week for my Birthday, and it certainly didn't disappoint. a very friendly waitress greeted us. I couldn't fault anything except the size of the restaurant a little small but maybe that's a good thing the service and the food was excellent.will definitely go go back and the best thing is on a Monday night there is 50% off your meal.

Hi
Thank you very much for your recent review. Delighted you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us. I'll pass on your lovely comments to the staff.
Hope to see you again soon.
Billy
“Lovely food little gem in Portlaoise”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing and very reasonably price the staff were helpful and friendly. Will be dinning here again soon. :-)

BILLY H, Owner at Relish Brasserie, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Hi, thanks so much for your positive feedback, much appreciated, hope to see you again soon! :)