“Dissatisfied Customer”

Relish Brasserie
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casual dining at it's best!DescriptionRelish strives to be the leading casual dining restaurant in Laois. This will be achieved through good value, great tasting food, impeccable service and a warm atmosphere. At Relish you may enjoy your meal in our modern upstairs restaurant or downstairs in Delaneys bar.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Second time to visit this restaurant, very impressed first time round, however, was looking forward to my main course meal today as the picture displayed looked very appetising. What I got looked nothing like the picture on the website. The Billy Goat Chicken should have been just Chicken as Billy Goat was missing. There was no goats cheese and the plate was covered in a very salty mushroom sauce. It also arrived cold and I had to send it back to be reheated. The Baileys cheesecake while lovely was of a exceptionally meagre portion particularly in comparison to the other desserts that were served to the table. I was with a party of 12 and while most of others enjoyed their meal, one other found a piece of broken crockery in her salad which she handed to the maitre'd who barely acknowledged it. When paying no mention or apology was made for the broken crockery or the food having to be reheated. Would have to think twice before going back.

BILLY H, Owner at Relish Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Hi Barbara,
I remember your visit and apologies for that, I had intended raising this with you both when you came up to pay. I was a staff member down that day and had been very busy and it just slipped my mind. With 12 people in front of me waiting to pay, I was focused on not delaying ye. If you could drop me an email on info@relishbrasserie.com I'd be happy to make arrangements to offer you a complimentary lunch.
On the goat's cheese being missing, this must have been a genuine mistake on the part of the chef as I had him fully replate your food when it went back. Again, apologies. The cheesecake is provided to us already portioned so I'll bring that up with the supplier.
Kind regards, Billy

There are newer reviews for Relish Brasserie

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had a fantastic experience at relish last month. Went on a Monday and discovered that brilliant Monday deal 50% off. It's great value without the discount , just mean we can go twice as often now.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'm been here a few times both for breakfast and dining with family and friends in the evening. Every time the food has been delicious and service has been friendly and accommodating. I could not fault it. Highly recommend Relish as the menu alone is going to satisfy even the fussiest of eaters!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food is gorgeous. Very small restaurant though! Went here on a Monday night and they had a deal Half price!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The only reason i am writing about this restaurant is because we had five main courses and all the food was delicious and very good portions, I wish to compliment the chef but feel sorry for the kitchen as it was the dreary, lacking personality male who served us who let the restaurant down, not even a "hello" "thank you" or "goodbye" not to mention "how was your food?" it seams to me it was all a big effort for him to be there and i presume he was in charge as a girl came to serve after and although not as sour as him i felt he was her senior and she didnt feel comfortable talking to customers with him around as there were two other tables full and it all just seamed doom and gloom to us as they both stood silent watching us eat when they were not busy. I would like to return for the food but dont know if i could handle the cold ambience.

BILLY H, Owner at Relish Brasserie, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thanks for your recent feedback. Apologies for the delay in response to this but we were torn on whether to give the honest and personal response or a more standard one and decided we prefer to always be honest with our customers.
Firstly, yes it was myself serving and I am indeed the manager and proprietor of Relish. I have looked carefully into what had occurred at the time you visited and unfortunately, there had been a bereavement in our family. Obviously I appreciate that such personal events shouldn’t impact in any way on service or ambience and regret that this happened, but it was a challenging time and I am only human.
This certainly isn’t our normal standard and I will carefully review our policy in relation to what happens in such circumstances and the appropriateness of opening at all in such a situation.
If you would like to discuss this further, please drop me a mail to info@relishbrasserie.com . We would be happy to offer you a complimentary meal and attempt to make amends for your negative experience.
Kind regards