Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Dublin, Ireland
“Good value stay”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed in Portlaoise as a stop over for a family wedding the next day.

We got a good value deal which was b&b including eve meal for €118 for two people.

The room was fine but a bit dated, could do with an upgrade. Rooms where stuffy and had no air con. But they where clean.

All rooms where operated using key cards and we had numerous problems with them. The card stopped working on 5 different occasions which meant a trip down to reception to get fixed every time. This was a common problem for other people in our party too. Very annoying and hotel need to sort.

I would've given this hotel a 3* based on above based on above issues. However the value of trip pushed it up to a 4*. The evening meal we had included was really good, in foundrys grill house. food very good for a set menu with plenty of choice. Staff where very good, friendly and efficient.

All hotel staff friendly and accommodating, they provide us with a late check out for a wedding. Perhaps if thy got the few cosmetic & functional issues sorted they would be a really good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
kildare
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had a family gathering at the Heritage last weekend, friendly helpful staff, Large rooms a little on dark side & basic but comfortable. We had an excellent meal at Spago's Restaurant, efficient friendly staff, The pool was clean although the changing room was a little cold. Breakfast was good with well stocked buffet. We had dinner in the Grill also but preffered Spago's. I would recommend this hotel & will stay there again. There were issues with the carpark tickets which is a disappointing parting memory, may be worth sorting it out.

Room Tip: The double rooms with single were quite large & spacious
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Naas, Ireland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went to the Heritage hotel for a spa day and was most unimpressed with the service in the hotel itself. The Spa was excellent! Unfortunately, it is not made clear that the Spa is a separate business even though it says 'The Heritage Hotel Spa' on the way in and it is part of the leisure centre of the hotel. When I went for my lunch in the Coffee Bean, as part of the Spa deal, the soup and sandwiches were lovely, however the chocolate cake I ordered as a treat was definitely old! The cream in the cake was gone off. When I went to validate my parking ticket on the way out, I was informed at the desk that I would not be able to do it at the reception, but would have to do it in the carpark- went in to do this and was charged a small fortune! I went back to the desk and enquired as to why it was so pricey considering I had been spending a small fortune for my treatment day in the hotel spa and was informed earlier in my day that it would only cost 3 euro, which is reasonable. The man at reception informed me that it was nothing to do with the hotel and that the spa is separate to the hotel- confusing?? I had used this hotel for conferences in the past and the ticket was always validated at reception at a special rate as you were using the hotel facilities. I could not understand why using the hotel's spa did not garner the same result. The man at reception was not at all understanding about the confusion and told me that the carpark is nothing to do with the hotel either?? I asked about hotel residents rates for the carpark and was informed that I could not get these either. I think this is disgraceful considering I had spent more in the spa than a nights accomodation for two would cost. This was meant to be a special treat after finishing nursing a baby, but the customer service I received really put a dampener on the whole day. I will definitely not be using this hotel for conferences or anthing else in the future and would not recommend it to anyone. I work with the public myself and understand the importance of customer service-unfortunately it was severely lacking in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Louisa S
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed there during the Rose of Tralee regional festival. From the moment we arrived ,we were treated like family! I had left my bag on the bus and as soon as I realized it, the AWESOME manager Gemma, and her front desk staff went into action to help me recover it!! The rooms were very clean, spacious, quiet and the location was perfect in this lovely town! The gym was ultra modern and the pool refreshing! I would recommend to any Ireland travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paula s
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in June.we stayed here before and was as good as before.room was spacious although could do with updating but clean.breakfast was lovely plenty on offer.our stay included dinner in the italian which was not busy but food was lovely.the pool was also lovely child friendly.the town was busy on sat night plenty of bands

Room Tip: Ask for free upgrade you never know
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DerekM226
Ireland
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Poor check in. 20 minutes and when I got to room, key wouldn't work and back down to reception again. No great apology. Barman was excellent. Lunch at conference was ridiculous - long queues with poor organization. Check out was equally poor. Voucher for car park didn't work and queues for ticket machine were same as lunch time. Requeue again. Hotel really need to look at its standards.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank bamo
Rathdowney, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed over night in this Hotel to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. On our arrival we were met by a very helpful and polite lady, who directed us to our room. It was very spacious, well layout room immaculately clean and well maintained. As we were to have dinner, she recommended we book our place which was great as the restaurant was busy when we arrived down for dinner.

We had dinner in Spago restaurant and the gentle man serving us was a mine of information and a real asset to the business. The buffet breakfast was great and we had no waiting,
We really enjoyed the experience and will go back again and would certainly recommend it as a great place to stay.

The food was fantastic and we thoroughly

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#4 of 4 in Portlaoise
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abbeyleix

Been to Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel)

Property: Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel)
Address: Jessop Street, Portlaoise, Ireland (Formerly Portlaoise Heritage Hotel)
Location: Ireland > Province of Leinster > County Laois > Portlaoise
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Hotel Class:4 star — Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel) 4*
Designed to reflect style, planned with meticulous care to deliver service excellence, The Midlands Park Hotel has earned itself the reputation of being the most sought after hotel in Ireland. Nestled in the heart of Portlaoise Town, this sophisticated urban setting is perfect for business or pleasure. Its striking entrance creates an impressive sense of space and classic modern elegance. Our 115 deluxe bedrooms, incorporating executive rooms & suites offer the splendour of classic design with modern elegance and includes the latest in wireless internet technology complimentary. You will be spoiled for choice with our unique choice of Restaurants and Bars. Our White Flag Award Winning Health & Leisure Club is also available for all our guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre (Formerly the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Heritage Hotel Portlaoise