Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre
$60
$159
$154
Hotels.com
Clanard Court Hotel(Athy)(Great Value!)
$82
$225
$218
  • Restaurant
$106
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
1,254 results
All reviewsportlaoise heritageheritage hotelsteakkids clublovely hotelnight breakleisure facilitiesfrom start to finishstaff were lovelybar foodboth nightswould highly recommend this hotelfood was lovelysecond to nonea lovely staytop classportlaoise town
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We had a great 2 night stay in the Heritage Hotel.. Warmly welcomed by all staff from reception to housekeeping! We ate in both restaurants - the first night was Spagos where we were looked after so well and enjoyed a great Italian meal.. Afterwards we enjoyed a few drinks in the bar - great buzz and the bar staff were really friendly and chatty!! The second night we got a great deal in the steak house - food was lovely and we even got free coffees as we had to wait a little while - we didn't mind as the restaurant is fab!! Plenty to do and see around portlaoise and tullamore - from shopping to site seeing - highly recommend!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The rooms are a let down. Dark, uncomfortable and low standard of bedding and decor.
Worst of all, the noise from the trains passing immediately across from room with loud hooting as they speed through the station.

The public areas are lovely and the Italian Restaurant, Spagos, is brilliant. It is not open every night though so we had eat in the Foundry as well which is not quite as good but still nice. The staff are fabulous throughout the hotel and everything is very efficient.

It is great value for money for over 55s so I don't think you can expect too much if you are not paying full price.

Room Tip: ask for room away from train tracks
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed here on saturday night with my boyfriend. From start to finish, it was disappointing..
Maybe my expectations were too high, but having stayed in many 3 and 4 star hotels, I expected an awful lot more than what the heritage hotel had to offer. We had a quick bite to eat in the cafe in the hotel, my bagel came out and was burnt to a crisp on the bottom.. By the time I got to complain my boyfriend had finished eating and we were in a hurry so I did not get another, however the girl was nice about it and did not charge me. The rooms are only basic, not 4 star at all and decor is old. While checking in the receptionists did not tell us anything about the hotel (leisure centre, restaurants.bars, even where the lifts were) only what time breakfast was at. We found the leisure centre in the hotel and having spoken to the receptionist there, he said it was possible for us to use the facilities there the following day even after we had checked out..(as we have done in many other top class hotels) so we returned to the room to get ready for a night out. That night we went down for dinner to find the restaurants all booked up and we waited in one for up to an hour, and still no table. Yes it was our fault not booking a table on a saturday night, but I think the staff could have made us aware of the situation. We had drinks in Mollys bar, band was good. Breakfast was nice, however breakfast staff were extremely rude. We had late checkout, handed in key and was told at reception when I asked that we were not allowed use leisure centre after checkout...I was not impressed at all as we made sure to book somewhere with a leisure centre and was looking forward to it and had I have known, we would have went the previous day. I never had this problem before having stayed in many hotels. The receptionist was by no means apologetic about this even when I explained I had been told by another member of staff that I could use it after checking out. The car park is not part of the hotel and after returning to the car, we realised that the receptionist never gave us the voucher ticket courtesy of the hotel, so had to trek back and get this, and still had a €9 charge for the car park as the hotel only covers 6pm-10am. Overall we did not have a pleasant stay to say the least and if you are

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kav88
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed @ the hotel for one night (Saturday). Paid €78.00 for B&B. We were given a Smoking Room even though we don't smoke and we were never asked when checking in! As we were only staying the one night and the window opened in the room, I didn't want to make a fuss and asked to be moved to a different room and left the window open during the day to allow the room to be ventilated. The room was very tired and old looking and the bathroom was also very grubby and I would not class the hotel as a four star. The curtain / curtain pole fell down twice when going to open the window and unfortunately our view was the back of the Hotel looking onto the train tracks... When we were checking in @ 3pm the receptionist asked if we were eating for dinner and we mentioned that we were hoping to eat at Kelly's Foundry Grillhouse (restuarant attached to the Hotel). She asked if we had already booked it and I said no as I didn't think this was required until I arrived at the Hotel, she said that they only time they had free was 10pm and understand from other residents of the Hotel that as they had checked in later that day, that the Grillhouse was booked out! The Manager of the restaurant (can't remember the ladies name) was really nice and friendly and when asked, she provided us with information as to what pubs / nightclubs would be suitable for our age, etc... and that are around the local area. The food in the Grillhouse was really nice and enjoyed our night. The breakfast wasn't up to the standard of a four star hotel and was poor.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leela27
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I brought my friend here as a birthday treat recently for her birthday. I never book anything less than a four star hotel (having had bad experiences before with 3 star) as I feel a certain standard is guaranteed. Not in this case. While the reception area, leisure centre and bars were lovely I regretted my choice when I saw the bedroom. A very drab room that doesn't seem to have been redecorated in the recent past. Holes in the bed throw and the bed throws folded back to reveal old style (itchy) blankets! The double bed was fine and firm to sit on but the single bed was a different story. When you sat on the bed there was no support and you could feel the bars from the base of the bed. Having a bad back I asked at reception was there any chance of another mattress. One was provided but this was just as bad and had no support at all! I wasn't looking for anything special, just one that didn't hit the springs below when you lie on it. While I might have had problems in the past in hotels re noise or poor food the one thing I always assumed would be present was a given was a decent mattress. I expressed my feelings to the receptionist who said they couldn't do anything about it.
I didn't sleep well and had back ache for two days after. A good hotel overall but not sure how they achieved 4 stars when it comes to the bed rooms and especially the mattresses.
We were supposed to be on a late checkout but our room keys were de activated at 3 minutes to 12 !Our deal was "€79 instead of €158 for 1 nights luxury B&B for two plus late checkout"
Our room looked out on the back of the hotel and the boiler, the TV had no reception and the room wasn't luxury! Disappointed and a bit embarrassed for my friend who's birthday it was!
H