“Beautiful food, service a little slow, highly recommend.”
Review of Spago's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Spago's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin
“Beautiful food, service a little slow, highly recommend.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We ate here 3/5/13. Having read some of the reviews bit anxious but must say that the food was beautiful. We went for the early bird menu 23.50 for 3 courses and every course exceeded our expectations. Starters were a meal in themselves and the mains were excellent. The service was a little on the slow side but we were there early and I think they may have been understaffed so we didn't worry about it. All in all a lovely meal and at 60 for dinner, drinks and coffee for 2 it was excellent value!!

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
tullamore
“Great food”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went here for a meal on Tuesday evening April 30th. Food absolutely terrific. Service excellent. Well worth a visit

Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute Rubbish”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I don't often review restaurants but having eaten in Spagos recently I thought it was necessary to warn people how poor the food quality is in this restaurant. I would have thought that any restaurant calling themselves an Italian restaurant should be able to produce a half decent pizza but no I was wrong the pepperoni pizza that was served to me must be the most miserable tasteless piece of food I have ever encountered and I should mention not particularly cheap either. My fiancée ordered a carbonara and though it wasn't as bad as my pizza it was still a rubbish, effortless attempt at such a simple Italian classic. Spago's get your act together

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rossycork
Dublin, Ireland
“Staff and price issues”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were staying at The Heritage Hotel and decided to eat here on our first night. Disappointing. Felt like we had to direct the staff. Had to deal with three different waiters and none of them knew about the dinner voucher we had. Food was OK- emphasis on OK- but nothing special. I had pizza and it was average and for the price I paid, I was disgusted. My boyfriend had pollo spago which was alright but not amazing, again not as good as the pricing would suggest.
The main issue was the staff. We didn't appreciate staff- guest interaction. We don't like being interrupted while eating to talk about where we are from. We were there to eat. Not romantic, not a couples place at all. Friendly staff with best intentions but not for us and, in my opinion, completely overpriced.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank A K
Laois
“Think staff were having an off night”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Have eaten here on numerous occassions and always felt happy with the service.
On this occassion the staff let us down, we booked in for my Mam's 50th Birthday, we were sitted then we waited for half an hour before going up to the desk to ask for menus. Then waited another half an hour for our orders to be taken. Had to ask for water & drinks. 3 of the starters were brought out, twenty minutes later mine arrived.
Food was excellent but the service on the night was appalling considering there were about 15 people in total in the restaurant - 5 of which were staff

Visited February 2013