“Great place to have a nice meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rafters Cafe

Rafters Cafe
Ranked #17 of 46 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 124 seater day time restaurant, with outdoor seating and scenic view. Rafters has a modern, chic, and cosmopolitan feel to it and serves everything from Breakfast, sandiches, panini's, wraps, ciabatta's, wide selection of carvery items, kids menu, coffee's, tea's, lattee's etc...
“Great place to have a nice meal”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Love this cafe, great location, nice staff and great food. Recommended to anyone near Portlaoise. Great environment for either a quick sandwich or a relaxed meal.

• Visited August 2013
Trish C, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hi Paulo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. We are delighted that you regularily visit the cafe, we thank you very much for your business. Its very much appreciated and we look forward to looking after you soon in Rafters Cafe. Please dont hesitate to ask for me at any stage if I can ever be of any assistance.

Portlaoise, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional value, food and service”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I often pop into this cafe as it is located quite close to my work place, so is ideal for a quick lunch or coffee break. On every visit I am welcomed with friendly staff, food is delicious, I would recommend any panni and a latte. Great value as well portions are big! 10/10 every time!

• Visited August 2013
Trish C, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hi Tara,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments, im delighted that you visit the cafe regularily, we very much value our regular customers. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to looking after you soon in rafters.
Ireland, Indiana
“rafters cafe. 10 out of 10!!!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Myself and my husband visited here today for breakfast, (6-7-2013), and both of us agree that the decor, food, and staff were all a pleasant experience. My husband had the mini breakfast, toast and tea, and I had a cheese and tomato omelette with side salad and chips. Have to say it was the nicest omelette I have ever tasted. Just perfectly cooked, not runny, and not burnt!!! Staff were all very friendly, and asked if everything was ok, and looked genuinely pleased when I complimented the omelette. Very good value for money too, as we got change back from a twenty. We will be back for more very soon. Thanks for the experience.

• Visited July 2013
Trish C, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for you kind review, it is great to get a review so soon after your visit, it allows us to identify the staff at the time of the visit, it is very satisfing when the review is good !!! so it was Marie looked after you last Saturday, she is going around like the cat that got the cream since I told her !!!, you have no idea how a review like yours lifts the morale of everyone in the business. From my point of view, I and really happy that you enjoyed your visit and I hope that we see you again, best wishes and thanks for taking the time to post a review, Trish
Dublin, Ireland
“Morning Coffee”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a delightful little cafe right beside Tesco. Stopped here for coffee and cake. I have to warn everyone right now..... do NOT have the chocolate muffin, they are just TOO DELICIOUS.... You will not be able to stop yourself returning for more... they should carry a warning..... they are light and so chocolately..... dangerous for choc-a-holics....... Service was fantastic.... the staff are really friendly and there is a great atmosphere. Good value too...

• Visited May 2013
coffee68, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hi Linda,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Its great to get feedback from customers (both good and bad). Its especially nice when customers tell you how happy they are with a product or service( because sometimes we irish people will write a complaint quicker than a compliment). So thank you once again, you are very good to take the time to write a review, and we have passed your lovely comments to all our staff and chefs.

We look forward to looking after you in the future.
Kind Regards
Trish Colbert
Mullingar, Ireland
“lovely restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was in Portlaoise last week and on a recommendation had lunch in Rafters cafe. We got there at about one and it was packed, a good sign. My friend ordered a panini and I ordered a stir fry from their wok station. We took our seats and the food arrived a few minutes later. It was fantastic, the stir fry was served in one of those sizzling dishes and it was beautiful. The panini was really differant, not like the squashed ones you normally get, but more like it was cooked in a really hot ovoven it came with chips and a dip. The restaurant was really busy (I can see why) but the service was so friendly and quick. We had two glasses of iced water and two coffees after. After all this we still got change from a twenty. Excellent!

• Visited May 2013
coffee68, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hi William,

I am writing to thank you so much for taking the time to give us your comments. Im so glad that yourself and your friend both enjoyed your lunch on the day of your visit. We endeavour to ensure that the products we sell are first class and to provide that with good customer service. I have passed on your lovely comments to our staff management and chefs. We look forward to looking after you again in Rafters.

Please dont hesitate to ask for me at any stage if I can ever be of assistance.

Kind Regards,